ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did my B75 Pro3-M died?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did my B75 Pro3-M died?
    Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 3:54am
Hi,
from yesterday, i can't turn on my PC Cry. I hadn't any problems before, last time I shut it down as usually (Windows 8 -> Shut Down). Now, when I press Power button on my case, nothing happend, no fan starts or anything. PC is on UPS.
What I'd already tried without any success, in timeline order:
- disconnected all components (additional USB slot, PCI sound card, 2xHDDs, 2xfans), let only motherboard with CPU, passive cooler and 2x DDR3
- tried different power source. (Test of my power source (Seasonic) in different PC was ok, so power source should be ok)
- disconnect all case accessories (audio, reset, power, leds), tried Clear CMOS switch and start using manualy "connect" the Power ON pins on board (to avoid, that the power button on case is faulty)
- removed DDR3 (Adata) memory
- visual check of board itself, capacitors etc. looks ok

Actually, I've connected only board with CPU connected to power, nothing, nor fan in power supply starts. I'm not sure, if I can test it without CPU (?)

Board is 2,5 year old, used mainly for home/HTPC (no gaming, no overclocking) Angry 

Any idea, what should I try before using my last repairing tool - big hammer? Confused
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 1:29pm
Unfortunately your board does not have a dr debug LED indicator so trying it without the CPU would be pointless as there is no beep code for "no CPU detected". The likelihood that the CPU has died is very slim however, unless your cooling is wholly inadequate and you were using non standard voltages. 

It seems you have already tried most of the advice I usually give in situations like this. This may be a silly question but did you try connect the PC directly to your power outlet without the UPS? I have had more than a few UPSes fail on me over the years. 

Does the motherboard have any LEDs lit? Usually the LAN indicator LEDs should have power even if the system is powered off. If not then the board is not getting any power. This could be due to a bad PSU (you already checked), blown fuses on the board and possibly your PSU not getting power or not getting enough power from your UPS. 

Good luck and welcome to the forums. 
swm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 5:16pm
All my tests were without UPS, so this wasn't the problem. 
But I've good news: I removed battery from board and when I pressed power on PSU, the fan starts working. So I put battery back, start the board with Power ON pins, fan starts again, so then I put memory into one slot and connect DSUB monitor and it looks like the board is alive again Big smile
For me it looks like that Clear CMOS pin and removing battery isn't the same thing. I'll do some more test in evening, hope it will be ok Smile
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 7:01pm
Good to hear, and yes the clear CMOS jumper/switch is not always as effective as removing the battery. Hopefully your problem is solved, good luck with your tests later.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic