ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX: Beeping 3 times
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX: Beeping 3 times

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speartiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX: Beeping 3 times
    Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:53am
CPU: Ryzen 1700 7

Mobo: ASRock AB350M Pro4

GPU: EVGA GTX1060

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

PSU: Rosewill Valens Series 600W

I've plugged everything in and get 3 beeps on power on. 

Then it keeps restarting with 3 beeps on every restart.

I've tried both sticks of RAM on single slot on A2 and both have the same issue.

Should I RMA the RAM?

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by speartiger speartiger wrote:

CPU: Ryzen 1700 7

Mobo: ASRock AB350M Pro4

GPU: EVGA GTX1060

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

PSU: Rosewill Valens Series 600W

I've plugged everything in and get 3 beeps on power on. 

Then it keeps restarting with 3 beeps on every restart.

I've tried both sticks of RAM on single slot on A2 and both have the same issue.

Should I RMA the RAM?

Three beeps is a memory problem, which I would get when a Ryzen memory OC I attempted would fail.

What speed is the memory set to when you get the three beeps? Is that the default memory speed of your memory, most likely 2133, or a different higher speed?

If it is the stock, default speed of the memory, then either RMA replace it, or get another model of memory.

If you were doing a memory OC of say 2667 or above, and the memory works at lower speeds, then you are simply getting a typical Ryzen memory OC problem, and the memory is most likely fine.
speartiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speartiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 1:01pm
Hi, my computer does not POST at all. 
I get 3 beeps and no screen at all.
I realize the memory isn't in the QVL for the motherboard, but I've found lots of people who have gotten it working with the same CPU MOBO RAM combination. 

Maybe it's a DOA RAM and I'll RMA to see if that fixes the problem. If not then I'll try a new model.
As an aside, is the QVL list constantly updated for all the Mobos?
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 3:03pm
Hi,

Memory ver.5.30 is not good
Ver.5.39 is better and works with 2933 MHz
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speartiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 9:38pm
Is there a way to check what memory version a RAM is? I can't find any information of it on any of the products specification page.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by speartiger speartiger wrote:

Is there a way to check what memory version a RAM is? I can't find any information of it on any of the products specification page.

Good question, I'm not sure how it is known that there are multiple versions of this memory model.

Possibly the packaging for the memory, or the labeling on the DIMM itself may have a version number.

Otherwise a program like Thaiphoon Burner, that reads and displays detailed information about memory, might show that information. That is, if Corsair has put that information into the memory.

http://softnology.biz/

Of course you'd need another PC that uses DDR4 memory and can use the memory you have to check it.

Did you just buy that memory recently, or have you had it from another PC?

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:44pm
on the ram sticker
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speartiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:55pm
It's a new RAM i bought for this build. The sticker does say its ver5.30 so maybe there are compatibility issues.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speartiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:58pm
On another note, the sticker on my motherboard says p2.30 which isn't listed as one of the bioses on the specification page on the ASRock AB350M Pro4 page. Is that bios just not downloadable?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic