FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z68 Pro3 Gen 3 and Windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z68 Pro3 Gen 3 and Windows 10
    Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 11:53pm
Driver support for any board/chipset is provided by the chipset manufacture, Intel in this case, and RealTek for the network chip. If the chip manufactures do not provide Windows 10 drivers, mother board manufactures cannot create them.

You can certainly try using the Win 8 drivers with Win 10, that won't hurt anything. If there is a compatibility problem, either the driver will not install, or if it does but causes problems, you can always use the Rollback driver feature for the device in Device Manager, or a System Restore point.

There are no UEFI/BIOS updates for specifically for Win 10. The updates for Win 8 contain the same changes need for Win 10, since those two versions are related.

Win 10 may provide driver updates automatically as time passes, but we cannot predict when that will happen.
Wookiestick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wookiestick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 12:31am
I also have the z68 pro 3 gen 3 and on the release version of Windows 10 I get the occasional BSOD.  I would really be happy to see a bios update and/or drivers for Windows 10.
Zebedee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 5:39pm
I'm using a similar Z68 board, and have upgraded to Windows 10 using the default W10 drivers. Although the upgrade went fine, I am now getting memory management BSODs which could be driver related. I'm not saying the motherboard drivers have anything to do with this, but I would like to know from Asrock or an experienced user... should we be upgrading the BIOS to a Windows 8 version, and should we be using W8 drivers, or letting Windows update them itself?

Are there any plans to release a BIOS update for W10 and Z68 motherboards, and updated drivers?

ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3

Cheers, Z
deejoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 3:15pm
I have a ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 Board and would like to upgrade to Windows 10.

Can I use Windows 8 driver, because there are no Windows 10 driver or can I not upgrade with this Board?

Thank you for feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic