ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RGB LED Strip for X370 Killer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonstarmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RGB LED Strip for X370 Killer?
    Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 4:12am
Hello,  I'm looking for a solid option for LED Strips for my X370.  Most I find require the use of a physical control hub.  Does anyone know a good option that will work through the MB without a physical hub?

Thank you.
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 1:59pm
Most strips will work with or without a hub. Each header can supply 3A (12V) with a length up to 2 meters for 5050 RGB LED strip.

My problem with the board is where the headers are located (at the bottom) which meant I would have had to buy an LED strip extender to reach the top of my case. So I went ahead and bought the hub from Corsair and mounted it midways on the back side of my case. It included four strips and two extenders which I then routed through the crevasses of my case so they are hidden.

Edit: If you go the route of not using a hub the 12V pin is the one all the way to the left on both headers.

Edited by AlbinoRhino - 30 Jul 2017 at 2:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic