ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 BIOS Screen on Second GPU?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstefanop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 BIOS Screen on Second GPU?
    Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 7:34am
Hi, I have the AB350 Pro 4 Mobo, and whenever I plug in second GPU, the BIOS screen shows up on that GPU instead of the primary. I don't see any settings to select which slot UEFI BIOS is output on, but its annoying thats its not aways on the primary GPU. 

Is there a fix planned for this?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by jstefanop jstefanop wrote:

Hi, I have the AB350 Pro 4 Mobo, and whenever I plug in second GPU, the BIOS screen shows up on that GPU instead of the primary. I don't see any settings to select which slot UEFI BIOS is output on, but its annoying thats its not aways on the primary GPU. 

Is there a fix planned for this?

The video output that is used in the UEFI/BIOS is not controlled by a setting in the UEFI/BIOS.

How or why is one GPU designated as primary, and another as secondary? Simply by the PCIe slot being used?

In a PC with an iGPU and discrete GPU, which one is, or should be, the Primary?

Any monitor in a multi-monitor system can be selected as the Primary in Windows, and until we select one, which one becomes the default Primary monitor?

What happens if you have two monitors connected to one GPU? Which video output should be used as the Primary?

Not as straightforward a situation as we might think.

It's somewhat of a mystery to me which video card or video output is selected for the UEFI/BIOS UI, but it is likely related to the VBIOS in the GPUs.
jstefanop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstefanop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 3:03am
Right, which is why most BIOSes have a selection on where to output initial video. ASROCK BIOS has no options at all. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic