FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Tai Chi - Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 10:57pm
It's impossible to be certain if the 2.40 UEFI will fix your issue or not, but is worth trying.

We've seen both positive and negative reports from users with the 3.00/AGESA 1.0.0.6a UEFI update.

Suggestions for the 0d code, which is related to memory, the GPU or other devices, is to reseat the memory and GPU, and try removing extra USB and PCIe devices, if you are using any.
Haaviko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haaviko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 9:00pm
Nevermind.. after testing for hours (playing games etc.) even did some shutdown/restarts all was good now getting 0d :(

You think going back to 2.40 BIOS might improve stability going for the GearDownMode + 1T?

Edited by Haaviko - 31 Jul 2017 at 10:02pm
Haaviko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haaviko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 6:02pm
Other information: Windows 10 64-bit with latest update, All drivers for the X370 Taichi from Asrock website including the AMD all-in-1 (Chipset Drivers), I did not install the AMD 17.10 Chipset from AMD themselves only the AMD all-in-1 directly from Asrock MOBO website page.
The error was happening during posting not when loading windows, so you'd press the power on switch.. it would be a black screen with nothing on it.. look at motherboard and a bunch of codes cycle through the finally it would land on 68.

EDIT/Update: I just downloaded latest AMD chipset drivers 17.10 which is newer than the Asrock Taichi All-In-1 and it seems to have no issue now?

Edited by Haaviko - 31 Jul 2017 at 7:48pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Haaviko Haaviko wrote:

Tried with your settings wardog.. now no BIOS or post just 06 on mobo with revving fan till I reset CMOS.

OK.

SoC on Auto, SoC LLC 3, mem still at 3.75 and VTT 0.690

I'm off to bed so I'll be back in 6-7hrs
Haaviko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haaviko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 2:38pm
Tried with your settings wardog.. now no BIOS or post just 06 on mobo with revving fan till I reset CMOS.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 2:06pm
Set SoC to 1.2 and your mem to 3.75, checking that VTT right below it goes to 0.690v

Post back please.
Haaviko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haaviko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 1:14pm
As you can see 1T CR, GDM=Off is a performance increase over GDM=On 2T
Haaviko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haaviko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 1:12pm
Well as I said the two ones I've seen are 68 and 0d, but yes so using all the settings I listed above.. GDM OFF, BGS Off with BGS Alt On and 1T I can boot into Windows and play, benchmark etc. with my 3.8Ghz OC and 3200Mhz XMP profile..

But If I turn off the computer using "Shutdown" or "Restart" in windows.. then once I either turn the computer back on using power button OR the system has been rebooted using Restart I see a black screen with 68 and fan revving.

I'm using those settings because of this:
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Haaviko Haaviko wrote:

Hello,

I've recently purchased the X370 TaiChi motherboard along with the G Skill 3200Mhz Flare X Ryzen Ram & the Ryzen 7 1700 CPU.
My BIOS settings are as followed:

OC Tweaker
CPU Freqency(Mhz): 3800
CPU Voltage(V): 1.35v - LLC2
XMP Settings Profile for 3200Mhz C14
SoC Voltage: 1.1v - LLC2

Advanced > CPU Configuration
Cool n Quiet: Disabled
C6 Mode: Disabled

Advanced > AMD CBS > Zen Common Options
Core Performance Boost: Disabled
Global C State: Disabled

Since I'm using 1DPC (2 modules total) single rank modules (GSkill Flare X 3200Mhz 16GB Kit) my settings for optimal performance is: 

BankGroupSwap: Disabled
BankGroupSwap Alt: Enabled
GearDownMode: Disabled
1T

So using these settings I've managed to get into Windows, do some benchmarks.. gaming and even Prime95 with no WHEA errors.

But as soon as I shut down the computer or restart, I usually get a BIOS error code with black screen.
Something like 68 or 0d etc.

Can somebody help me out?

Kind Regards,
Haaviko.

So you get "something like 68 or 0d etc."

POST codes are rather specific, and your statement is rather unspecific. How are we supposed to know what the issue might be if we don't know what POST code is shown on the Dr Debug display? You gave us two codes, and etc? What it etc?

Then you said this usually happens when you shutdown or restart. So it is also intermittent? Doesn't happen all the time? Intermittent issues are the most difficult to diagnose.

So sometimes a shutdown fails, and the PC remains on with a black screen? POST does not run on a shutdown, but you see a code displayed? A POST code on a failed cold boot or restart, when POST runs is when the codes are displayed.

If POST fails, a single code is displayed and stays displayed. Is that not happening in your situation? I ask because of the "68 or 0d etc." thing. POST codes that are shown and then disappear means that test passed.

Going with 68, which is Chipset Initialization error, that is a difficult one, could be many things. The standard cure for a chipset initialization error is simply clearing the UEFI/CMOS or pressing the Reset button. No idea if you tried that, and if so, does it work even temporarily?

What UEFI/BIOS version are you using?

Do you get this behavior with say stock CPU and memory speeds?

Your memory at 3200 is right at the edge of stability with a Ryzen system. My FlareX 3200 is not stable at 3200 with a different Ryzen board, I must use it at 2933. Have you tried a lower memory speed, say 2933 or 3033?

Have you tried setting the three memory options you listed at their default settings? GearDownMode, per AMD rules, is enabled by default above a memory speed of 2667 (any memory OC), so Auto = Enabled. Setting it to Disabled is pushing it. Your SOC voltage at 1.200V might help.

No information about the rest of your hardware, or Windows version being used, or AMD chipset driver version installed, and Windows Power Plan. Chipset problems can be related to hardware connected to the chipset, such as the drives in the system.

If you were hoping for a well known, simple fix, I'm sorry but I don't have one for you. Your issue is rather unique, not something we often or at all see in Ryzen related threads.
chainsaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 10:50am
you can try to call them. i have not gotten anyone to answer yet. have left a message for a callback and nothing. The Email support is fast but did not offer any help.
ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 P3.40
AMD RYZEN 7 1700 @ 4Ghz 1.39v
Noctua NH-D15 "blocks top 1x pci-e"
16GB GSkill Ripjaw V F4-3200C16D-16GVRB @ 2933 14-15-15-15 T1 1.365v
GTX 1080 x2 Sli
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic