ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Tai Chi - Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 2:57am
Originally posted by prodev42 prodev42 wrote:

Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

prodev

my taichi and r7 1700 gets 3.900 at 1.3 volts and has from day one

i set llc 2
and turn off all the power saving stuff you mentioned
pstate settings
9c
set voltage to fixed on first page and llc level 2
hope this helps

did u change ram voltage ,soc voltage and soc LLC?  ..i think you got a great chip and mine will never be able to pull this off. 

by power saving stuff you meant the following 4 items?

Advanced > CPU Configuration
Cool n Quiet: Disabled
C6 Mode: Disabled

Advanced > AMD CBS > Zen Common Options
Core Performance Boost: Disabled
Global C State: Disabled

i run the ram volts at 1.35
soc at 1.0
and soc llc at level 2 as well

i have used these settings since bios version 1.6
cnq dis
c6 dis
core boost is still on (dont think it matters myself, i or indeed works when ive got it clocked)
global c state dis

i literally followed the guide from youtube
search 'techcity' his ryzen overclocking video circa early april has the guide using a taichi bios system
i dont feel i have a outstanding chip to be honest and for sure the taichi i have and the ram i have
allthough do what they are supposed to do ,they dont have any extra headroom like a lot of guys are finding now with other ram sticks (even in fact another local guy here in london with identical age, brand, and part number ram and taichi board as myself who can get faster ram overclock)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Haaviko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haaviko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 9:32am
Ran the HCI memtest and it said 0 errors on all 16 of them, I've already tried reseating the ram.
Haaviko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haaviko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 9:39am
I don't think its USB related either, because it runs 100% perfectly If I leave BankGroupSwap, BankGroupSwap Alt and GearDownMode all on Auto, this only happens when trying for..

GearDownMode: Off
BankGroupSwap: Off
BankGroupSwap Alt: On
1T
Haaviko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haaviko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:51am
Switched to 2.40 BIOS and so far way less stability issues using my settings compared to 3.00 the only thing so far is I got an post error when rebooting.. but this time was a new one: 0E
Haaviko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haaviko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 9:13pm
So now back to 3.00 BIOS and yeah post code errors are happening either way.. turning off BGS or leaving it Auto, I think I've figured it out..

If I overclock my system in any way shape or form, that causes the errors while posting.. because I just did UEFI Defaults with ONLY XMP Enabled and BAM no issues all night restart, cold boot etc.

I tried fixed voltage, pstate and offset and same errors eventually happen.. 68, 78 and sometimes 0d its random.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Haaviko Haaviko wrote:

I don't think its USB related either, because it runs 100% perfectly If I leave BankGroupSwap, BankGroupSwap Alt and GearDownMode all on Auto, this only happens when trying for..

GearDownMode: Off
BankGroupSwap: Off
BankGroupSwap Alt: On
1T

Sorry to say, that is why I suggested trying the Auto settings for those three settings to solve the problem. I understand why you want to use those settings.

Have you tried one or two of those options at a time, set to those values? To see if you can have GearDownMode set to Off while the others are on Auto, for example.

Another memory tweak according to AMD is actually slightly reducing the VDDP voltage.

I assume you have you seen this AMD blog page about Ryzen and memory:

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/05/25/community-update-4-lets-talk-dram
Haaviko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haaviko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 12:16am
Another issue I've been having and not sure what it could be.. I just did a reformat, fresh OS, Asrock x370 taichi drivers, latest non-BETA NVIDIA driver.. and while playing any video game I get this: (Only happens while gaming)

Edited by Haaviko - 02 Aug 2017 at 12:16am
fouf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fouf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:32am
Hey, I'm having the same issue. Any sort of overclock and I get error 68, 78, sometimes 0d and 0E.... When I can finally get into windows it runs rock solid.

Did you end up fixing this.. would love to know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic