ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 Fast Startup on AB350 Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nceeoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 Fast Startup on AB350 Pro4
    Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 7:34pm
I haven't been able to get windows 10 fast startup working on my latest system.

I have tried a fresh windows install with only confirmed drivers. The same but with only a keyboard plugged in. Booting from SATA or NVMe. I cannot for the life of me get fast startup to work. Every time i shutdown my system it comes back on. Turning off Windows 10 fast startup fixes this but I don't understand why I wouldn't want it on. I have tried with only the boot drive plugged in as well. I also have removed any network adapters that could wake from LAN. I have also disabled mouse wake and kb wake.

Has anyone been succesful in fixing this? If not, why would I WANT Windows 10 fast startup disabled.
(I have also played witht the BIOS setting quite a bit and haven't been succesful there either.) 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by nceeoh nceeoh wrote:

I haven't been able to get windows 10 fast startup working on my latest system.

I have tried a fresh windows install with only confirmed drivers. The same but with only a keyboard plugged in. Booting from SATA or NVMe. I cannot for the life of me get fast startup to work. Every time i shutdown my system it comes back on. Turning off Windows 10 fast startup fixes this but I don't understand why I wouldn't want it on. I have tried with only the boot drive plugged in as well. I also have removed any network adapters that could wake from LAN. I have also disabled mouse wake and kb wake.

Has anyone been succesful in fixing this? If not, why would I WANT Windows 10 fast startup disabled.
(I have also played witht the BIOS setting quite a bit and haven't been succesful there either.) 

Windows fast startup works fine with my Ryzen system (different board) and we have not seen really any complaints about it with other Ryzen boards that I can recall. You should be able to have fast startup enabled. FYI, fast startup only works from a cold boot/shutdown situation, but there is no reason to not have it enabled.

So your PC will shutdown and turn off, but starts by itself all the time with fast startup enabled? But disabling fast startup keeps the PC shutdown, correct?

I don't understand what you mean by removing any network adapters.

If you have the Realtek network driver installed, in its Device Manager Properties, you can disable the Wake On LAN options, to keep them from waking the PC.

Did you change the default setting of the Deep Sleep option in the UEFI/BIOS?

Did you install the AMD All In One driver package?
nceeoh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nceeoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:11am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Windows fast startup works fine with my Ryzen system (different board) and we have not seen really any complaints about it with other Ryzen boards that I can recall. You should be able to have fast startup enabled. FYI, fast startup only works from a cold boot/shutdown situation, but there is no reason to not have it enabled.

So your PC will shutdown and turn off, but starts by itself all the time with fast startup enabled? But disabling fast startup keeps the PC shutdown, correct?

I don't understand what you mean by removing any network adapters.

If you have the Realtek network driver installed, in its Device Manager Properties, you can disable the Wake On LAN options, to keep them from waking the PC.

Did you change the default setting of the Deep Sleep option in the UEFI/BIOS?

Did you install the AMD All In One driver package?

I tried disabling wake on lan on my wlan card, I also tried it with the card removed from my system.
Wake on Lan is disabled on the onboard Realtek (driver is installed)

I tried deep sleep both enabled and disabled to no avail.

I installed the all in one driver and no luck there either.

Reset BIOS defaults, and cleared the CMOS.

Oh and I ran memtest 86 on the ram just in case.

(Forgot to mention but the system restarts both if I restart from Windows and if I use the physical case button)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic