ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMD System Crashing 5 minutes in game help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceasaremark12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMD System Crashing 5 minutes in game help
    Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:16am
I built this system
-Ryzen 5 1600
-Asrock b350 pro 4 atx
-Corsair lpx 1x8gb 2400 CMK8GX4M1A2400C14 V5.20 Hynix
-Seasonic g650 80+ gold
-xfx rx 580 8gb gts
The first problem that i've been having was whenever I start playing a game, 5 minutes into it I would lose display and nothing can be done but force the system to shut down. Sometimes it would just show radeon software stopped working and forces my games to freeze and close and I am able to recover through desktop
First thing to come in mind here is reinstall the drivers and DDU. Problem still persisted after doing so.
Had the card replaced with new xfx rx 580 gts and problem still there.
Replaced the power supply from a seasonic m12ii 620w to a seasonic g650 gold one. Problem still exist.
Borrowed a friend's rx 480 and a 520w psu, problem still persisted after trying out his rx 480 only in my system, then his psu only in my system.
So after this stage, I started going through reddit and read some things about the ram. I checked out my ram sticker and its CMK8GX4M1A2400C14 version 5.20 and says hynix via thaiphoon afterburner. This ram isn't in the qualified vendor list of asrock but the CMK16GX4M2A2400C14 is listed, which someone also has the similar problem as me.
The 8gb module works and I can go to desktop but it being hynix, like someone said, might be causing a small incompatibility, causing crashes and making it look like the graphics card's fault. I can't find any other ram to test it. Ram here is like $100 for an 8gb stick. Maybe I have a faulty motherboard too! But I can't do this anymore. I can't get any refund for this because this problem has been present for the past three months. I don't reside in the US, if anyone is wondering. Aftersales customer service can be not good here in the Philippines.

I have no gpu overclock, cpu overclock. Both are running at stock 
Tried XMP disable and other profiles. I never set a manual voltage for the dimms.
Updated the bios last June and updated it earlier today to the latest one. 
Installed the chipset and tried on different windows power management profiles (maximum performance, balanced, ryzen balanced, power saver)
Reinstalled the OS multiple times already
Singlehandedly tried Graphics Drivers 17.4.3 up to 17.7.2
Tried a different rx 580 and an rx 480
The problem is still the same. 5 minutes into CSGO(game i mostly play) or any other game then my screen would just go black. First it might be the graphics cards and the power supplies but we got them replaced already.

Edited by ceasaremark12 - 03 Aug 2017 at 2:17am
CeasarE
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 3:44am
Windows 10?

The problem is that TDR errors (timeout detection and recovery) can be caused by a lot of things. TDR is the name for the issue you are experiencing where the driver stops responding. Given Ryzen's checkered past with RAM compatibility this is where you should start looking. If you have not already, download and flash to the latest BIOS for your board from the ASRock website. Be sure to use the instant flash method. Once you have the update downloaded and on your flash drive make sure you do the following before flashing: 

1. Make sure you load BIOS defaults
2. Save and exit the BIOS 
3. Boot into Windows
4. Restart and enter the UEFI

At this point you can use the instant flash tool from within the BIOS to update. Make sure power is not interrupted to your system while the flash is in progress. Do not power off the PC until you have booted successfully into the OS and shut down from there. Once updated, try your games again. Let us know how it goes.

Edited by Xaltar - 03 Aug 2017 at 3:45am
ceasaremark12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceasaremark12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:01pm
I've updated to the latest bios already, downloaded from official asrock and used instantflash. I've updated the bios twice already, first was last June (april bios) and the second was yesterday (lastest) I could find was a July Bios

The problem is still being reporduced.
CeasarE
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:10pm
Is this using a fresh windows 10 installation?

These TDR issues are often very difficult to troubleshoot.
ceasaremark12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceasaremark12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Is this using a fresh windows 10 installation?

These TDR issues are often very difficult to troubleshoot.
Yes. Also windows is at 1703.
CeasarE
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 5:48pm
OK, lets try a few things then.

1. Try disable Global C-States in UEFI and see if the problem persists.
2. Increase RAM voltage to 1.37v and see if problem persists.
3. Increase SoC voltage to 1.05v and see if problem persists.

One step at a time and test.

Let us know what happens.
msetiawansuherli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msetiawansuherli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 6:36pm
I have the same problem
I'm using RAM Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX PC21000 16GB (2X8GB) - CMK16GX4M2A2666C16
With Asrock B350 Pro 4 ATX and Ryzen 5 1600
VGA XFX 480 4GB
Play CS GO for 1 minute and black screen and I must click restart button

Please Help
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 10:44pm
Are you monitoring the temperatures of the GPU and CPU while you are gaming?

We have no information about what PC case is being used, and what your cooling configuration is.

If it does not take long for the game to fail, and we have between one and five minutes in this thread, that is very quickly and makes me wonder about over heating.

Sorry to say, but if hardware such as the DRAM memory may not be compatible, but you cannot replace the memory for various reasons, there is nothing else that can be done to test or fix that.
msetiawansuherli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msetiawansuherli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 11:49pm
CPU and GPU temperature just hit 45 C 
Just gaming less than 1 minute and blackscreen

I try to change RAM to Patriot Viper 2x8GB PV416G340C6K (11B2), and the same thing happen

All drivers has been installed from this http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/index.asp?cat=Download#osW1064

I don't know what to do anymore, gaming and keep black screen
Zwu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 1:00am
check windows event viewer for storahci and disk errors under system
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic