ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

F-Stream Tuning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mags139 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F-Stream Tuning
    Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 3:49am
I just built a new rig about a month ago with a Fatal1ty 990FX Killer 3.1.
I was running windows 8.1, but upgraded to windows 10.  The F-Stream worked for a few days in Windows 10, but after a windows update this past weekend it is now is incompatible with windows 10. 
is there going to be an updated version of this released anytime soon?  I sure miss that app!!!
Done4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Done4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 5:58am
Mine did it too, same MB. Ran fine for a few days fresh update to windows 10, now says error code 6 and this app is not meant for this platform ... and shuts it down ....Arrgh, Tried setting compatibility to win8,Win7, what the hell even Vista. Same results for each... Hope ya guys can update it! Thank you...

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 3:07pm
I am sure ASRock will address the issue, this is one of the reasons I have yet to make the move to windows 10, it seems like every major update breaks more than it fixes. While I am aware there are probably countless users running it without issue I always seem to find myself among the few with issues. I suspect there will be a run of software and driver updates fairly soon as Windows 10 has rendered a fair number of apps and drivers unusable.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 3:43pm
Below is a fix from ASRock Technical Support for a different ASRock Utility (AXTU), but the basic problem is probably the same, so this fix might work.

This is just a copy and paste from another thread:

Please re-install AXTU once again on windows 10 x64.

By default AXTU installer put files in: c:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\AXTU\

Now please make new install path and put AXTU in windows 10 x64 program files folder:

c:\Program Files\ASRock Utility\AXTU\

When running the F-Stream installation program, you will be offered to change the location of the F-Stream files. You simply edit the installation path from "Program Files (x86)" to "Program Files".

The difference is the files will be in the 64 bit folder instead of the 32 bit (x86) folder.

If this works or not for you, please let us know.

snorky62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snorky62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 4:38am
I installed to the windows 10 x64 directory but a still get the compatibility error message
Liam95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 12:50am
I just used your fix for AXTU on W10. Still doesn't work. Even in the x64 folder. Is there any other program i could use? Or another solution? I just need the program to controll the ventilator for gaming. Sry if my english isn't that good.

It would be very kind if you'd answer me quickly, i search for a solution to the problem for a week now...

Kind regards,

Liam Smile
Done4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Done4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 5:28am
Get this .... few days ago it started working again, (never removed from startup...) Worked for last 2 days and now i boot up today and there it is error code 6, and Program not supported by this platform message again....WTH.... is MS messing with us...  will post back in a few more days what happens.... Oh and i noticed the ramdrive I set up still works regardless of the error message. Wierd or what?

Edited by Done4 - 23 Sep 2015 at 5:31am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Liam95 Liam95 wrote:

I just used your fix for AXTU on W10. Still doesn't work. Even in the x64 folder. Is there any other program i could use? Or another solution? I just need the program to controll the ventilator for gaming. Sry if my english isn't that good.

It would be very kind if you'd answer me quickly, i search for a solution to the problem for a week now...

Kind regards,

Liam Smile

My only answer can be a question, what ASRock board are you using?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Done4 Done4 wrote:

Get this .... few days ago it started working again, (never removed from startup...) Worked for last 2 days and now i boot up today and there it is error code 6, and Program not supported by this platform message again....WTH.... is MS messing with us...  will post back in a few more days what happens.... Oh and i noticed the ramdrive I set up still works regardless of the error message. Wierd or what?

XFast RAM is really a separate program of its own that is simply installed with AXTU, F-Stream, etc. Which is why it can still work when the other does not.

Ah Win 10, with its automatic updates out of our control. MSoft is not messing with us on purpose, but accidentally breaks things. Ouch Censored

What you can do is this: Find your Win Update history, and if you know the day F-Stream, etc, failed again, locate the updates that were applied on that day or the day before. Then uninstall the update(s). You may loose something else that was fixed, but nothing else can be done.
Done4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Done4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 7:52am
I'll look into that hopefully in next few days. Last post date Sept 23 or 22 should be the date. Its a pretty clean install Cant lose much lol. FYI my build is...

Win10
Corsair HX100IGTX cpu cooler
ASROCK 990FX Fatal1ty Killer
XFX R9-380 4GB GDDR5
G-SKill Sniper 2400 mhz 8gb Ram
Plextor PX-G128M6e M.2
WD20EARX
WD5000AAKS
WD5003AZEX

Edited by Done4 - 25 Sep 2015 at 9:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic