ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wake on LAN not working w/ FM2A88M Extreme4+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MurderousJess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wake on LAN not working w/ FM2A88M Extreme4+
    Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:28pm
I have a FM2A88M Extreme4+ that I bought about two years ago. Until recently I left the system running all the time (NAS), but in an effort to cut my power bill, I decided to have the NAS put itself to sleep on a timeout, figuring that I could use WOL to wake it up if I needed to access it again.

The sleep part works fine, I'm using OpenMediaVault as the OS/distro and it handles the sleep mode fine (system goes to sleep, power light blinks). However, no amount of network activity to the system seems to wake it out of sleep mode; I have to poke the power button to wake it up.
  • I've gone into the BIOS and ensured that Wake on LAN was enabled (it was). I thought maybe it specifically was looking for the WOL magic packet, so I signed into my router (pfSense) and had it send the magic packet... no luck.
  • I've verified that the MAC address my router is sending to is correct
  • I've tried both the onboard NIC as well as two different series of Intel server grade NICs (ensuring I was using the correct MAC each time)
Any suggestions as to why WOL refuses to work would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-- MJ
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 5:23am
Hmmm, WoL is a PITA to diagnose over the internet.

So you know that, let's start with:

Does OMV need to have a Listening Port designated in the config UI?

I ask that as you're having issues with both"types' of NIC, internal and add-on. Leading me to believe it's within OMV that is not letting the packet "in"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic