ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 not booting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montybet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 not booting
    Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 3:19am
Build

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 AMP! Edition 6GB GDDR5

CPU: Ryzen 1600

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red DDR4 2666 PC4-21300 16GB 2x8GB CL15

PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W

Booting from gtx 1060 as Ryzen has no integrated graphics, using HDMI cable as GPU features HDMI and DVI and Screen features VGA and HDMI and have no adaptors.

All fans (case CPU and GPU) are spinning, but it shows "No signal" on the display whenever I turn on the PC, the point is, the display stops sleep mode when I turn on the PC, the screen goes from black to "No signal", as if the gpu is connecting but not sending image. It has no modification, just build it.
EDIT 1:
I think conections are OK, I have a video of it: https://youtu.be/0RNyvuJ3rRE
EDIT 2:
I have no extra hardware for testing.
EDIT 3:
The sounds the PC makes feel good, that makes me think it is actually booting, but the GPU is not transmitting video or not working at all except for the fans.

Edited by montybet - 08 Aug 2017 at 7:06am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 8:42am
Originally posted by montybet montybet wrote:

Build

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 AMP! Edition 6GB GDDR5

CPU: Ryzen 1600

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red DDR4 2666 PC4-21300 16GB 2x8GB CL15

PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W

Booting from gtx 1060 as Ryzen has no integrated graphics, using HDMI cable as GPU features HDMI and DVI and Screen features VGA and HDMI and have no adaptors.

All fans (case CPU and GPU) are spinning, but it shows "No signal" on the display whenever I turn on the PC, the point is, the display stops sleep mode when I turn on the PC, the screen goes from black to "No signal", as if the gpu is connecting but not sending image. It has no modification, just build it.
EDIT 1:
I think conections are OK, I have a video of it: https://youtu.be/0RNyvuJ3rRE
EDIT 2:
I have no extra hardware for testing.
EDIT 3:
The sounds the PC makes feel good, that makes me think it is actually booting, but the GPU is not transmitting video or not working at all except for the fans.

I assume you do not have Windows installed yet, so how can you tell by the sound the PC makes that it is actually booting Windows?

If you do not have Windows installed, all the PC can do is complete the POST process and you would go into the BIOS, or see a message that no bootable drive/OS can be found.

Are you sure the monitor is set to the HDMI input or is set to Auto Select for the input?

If the PC is actually "booting" as you think it is, and you have no signal to the monitor, and no other hardware for testing, all you can do is try to clear the CMOS/BIOS, and try starting the PC again.

If that does not work, there is nothing else you can do except try another video card.

montybet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montybet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I assume you do not have Windows installed yet, so how can you tell by the sound the PC makes that it is actually booting Windows?

If you do not have Windows installed, all the PC can do is complete the POST process and you would go into the BIOS, or see a message that no bootable drive/OS can be found.

Are you sure the monitor is set to the HDMI input or is set to Auto Select for the input?

If the PC is actually "booting" as you think it is, and you have no signal to the monitor, and no other hardware for testing, all you can do is try to clear the CMOS/BIOS, and try starting the PC again.

If that does not work, there is nothing else you can do except try another video card.

Sorry, I just mix terms sometimes, and no, no windows installed, what I meant is that BIOS might be loading, but not shown on screen due to GPU issues, and yes, monitor set to HDMI.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 8:30pm
ok some basics here
check
both 24 pin and 8 pin power plugs on board
remove ram and try to reinsert one stick into slot a2 (these require a LOT of force sometimes)
disconnect all usb headers and hd/sata cables
check the power plug onto graphics
remove and reseat the graphics card

now try and start the pc up (remember first boot for ryzen can take a min or two before anything looks like its going to work
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
montybet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montybet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 12:56am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

ok some basics here
check
both 24 pin and 8 pin power plugs on board
remove ram and try to reinsert one stick into slot a2 (these require a LOT of force sometimes)
disconnect all usb headers and hd/sata cables
check the power plug onto graphics
remove and reseat the graphics card

now try and start the pc up (remember first boot for ryzen can take a min or two before anything looks like its going to work

Didn't work. Thanks anyway.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 4:20am
any chance you can borrow another brand of ddr4 to test ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:22am
Are you using the A2 and B2 slots for your memory?

Did you try using only one DIMM in the A2 or B2 slot as suggested above?

What is the full model number of your Ripjaws V memory. For example, F4-3200C16D-8GVK.

Memory compatibility is the major issue with Ryzen, and we are still struggling to get a comprehensive list of compatible memory. Your board's Memory QVL list is a good source of compatible memory:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/index.asp#Memory

montybet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montybet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 2:28am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Are you using the A2 and B2 slots for your memory?

Did you try using only one DIMM in the A2 or B2 slot as suggested above?

What is the full model number of your Ripjaws V memory. For example, F4-3200C16D-8GVK.

Memory compatibility is the major issue with Ryzen, and we are still struggling to get a comprehensive list of compatible memory. Your board's Memory QVL list is a good source of compatible memory:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/index.asp#Memory

Yes

Yes

F4-2666C15D-16GVR
montybet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montybet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 4:01am
OK, SOLVED.

I tried every RAM combination two stick y every two-slots combination, and one stick on every possible slot, what I didn't tried was the other stick on the slots, and now I did and it worked, so it wasn't RAM possition but RAM itself what was failing. SOLVED, close the thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic