ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

NO RAID5 OPTION IN RAIDXPERT2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGravyMachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NO RAID5 OPTION IN RAIDXPERT2
    Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 9:07am
I'm getting desperate. No response from AsRock tech support yet.

Like the title says, I can't get RAID5 as an array option in the UEFI or RAIDXPERT. Get 0,1,10 and RAIDABLE.

This appears to be a common problem on many systems and the only documented resolution is "load the Win7 SB8 RAID drivers". Well, those drivers are in the Asrock all-in-one pack (1GB!) and on the CD that comes with the new mobo.

When I attempt to install them, windows gives me an error message stating "not compatable with this platform". I thought about simply using device manager to "update driver", but I'm not sure what device to update...

So I went to the AMD site, and downloaded all posted SB/AHCI drivers dating back to 2015 and have been installing them one-by-one (I'm on 16.9.2 right now), but no change. I see the disks in UEFI and in RAIDXPERT, but there's no option to select RAID5.

The only thing I have NOT done is change raidxpert versions each time - I'm currently on the latest RAIDXPERT.

I've plugged the search term RAID5 into this forum and got no results, so I'm not sure if anyone else is trying this. Please help, I'd like to get this build on the road, everything else is great!

Edited by TheGravyMachine - 13 Aug 2017 at 9:32am
TAICHI X370
Ryzen 5 1600
GTX 1060
Samsung Evo 960 256G M2
16GB Aegis DDR4-3000
CAN'T GET RAID5 TO @$#$^ING WORK
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 9:28pm
TheGravyMachine, I, too, was surprised to see that none or few of the current MBs support RAID 5.  W10 does support it, and perhaps that is what they expect you to use.  Please see your MB manual and you will see that RAID modes supported are 0, 1 and 10.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
TheGravyMachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGravyMachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 2:54am
You're right, my mistake. RAID5 is such a standard thing, I just totally overlooked it I guess.

Well, now what? heh... guess I'll have to get an external card or lose 2TB of storage to run in RAID10...
TAICHI X370
Ryzen 5 1600
GTX 1060
Samsung Evo 960 256G M2
16GB Aegis DDR4-3000
CAN'T GET RAID5 TO @$#$^ING WORK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic