ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Fatality K4 Dr Debug E6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Fatality K4 Dr Debug E6
    Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:01pm

Edited by Ricky - 11 Sep 2017 at 4:33am
Ricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:40am
anyone? is the motherboard having any issue?
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 7:02pm
Did you look for that code in manual?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 7:06pm
That is most likely Eb, not E6.

What PCIe slot is the 1060 in?

Have you powered the 1060 from the PSU?

Update the BIOS.
Ricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Asingo Asingo wrote:

Did you look for that code in manual?

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

That is most likely Eb, not E6.

What PCIe slot is the 1060 in?

Have you powered the 1060 from the PSU?

Update the BIOS.
i thought is E6 lol, btw what Eb means? can't find any info about it from manual.

GTX1060 in 1st PCIe slot and powered by 8pin.

will try update the bios.

Edited by Ricky - 21 Aug 2017 at 9:57pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:41pm
The only Ex codes from AMI that I have been able to find are errors from S3 Sleep wakeup. See page 9 of this document, about 2/3 of the way down:

https://ami.com/ami_downloads/Aptio_V_Status_Codes.pdf

Think back, is there anything at all that changed with this PC recently? Windows 10 updates?
Ricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 12:07am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

The only Ex codes from AMI that I have been able to find are errors from S3 Sleep wakeup. See page 9 of this document, about 2/3 of the way down:

Think back, is there anything at all that changed with this PC recently? Windows 10 updates?
nothing change, or is it related to uefi ultra fast boot? 

for now, i already update to latest bios and disable the ultra fast boot. 

so far no issue and can boot up / post successfully. will monitor and report here back if get this issue again. Smile
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Ricky Ricky wrote:

or is it related to uefi ultra fast boot?

That very well could.

Eb - Calling Legacy Option ROMs
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 10:01am

Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

nothing change, or is it related to uefi ultra fast boot? 

for now, i already update to latest bios and disable the ultra fast boot. 

so far no issue and can boot up / post successfully. will monitor and report here back if get this issue again. Smile

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

or is it related to uefi ultra fast boot?

That very well could.

Eb - Calling Legacy Option ROMs

There's an important detail, using the Ultra Fast setting of Fast Boot. wardog, good call on the Calling Legacy Option ROMs.

Ricky, not that you may know this, but Fast Boot is really a faster POST, that uses UEFI Option ROMs, if possible. To use the Ultra Fast setting, you are supposed to have a UEFI booting Windows installation, Windows installed with the CSM option set to Disabled. Also, the Windows installation media must be booted from the "UEFI: <installation media name>" entry in the boot order, to signal Windows to use GPT formatting and the EFI boot loader. Did you select that entry for the installation media? It might have been the default entry.

I can use the Ultra Fast setting of Fast Boot with my Ryzen system, but I have a UEFI booting Win 10 installation. Still, the abrupt POST can have side affects. It's easy to test, just try the Ultra Fast setting again.

The updated UEFI/BIOS may have made a difference, but who knows?

I learned something from this, the probable source of the Ex POST codes.

Edited by parsec - 22 Aug 2017 at 10:03am
Ricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 8:44am
Not sure whether it is related, today i get 2 more debug code "F9 & 0D", and the pc keep boot looping and give a 3 POST beep.

In addition, Windows show only 8GB of memory is available, while the other 8GB reserved for hardware. And XMP is not working either and the memory is stuck with single channel.

After trying to clear cmos, reinsert and testing the ram, it turn out one of the ram stick is defective. 

btw, asrock support is unhelpful, they did not reply my email. Confused

Edited by Ricky - 24 Aug 2017 at 8:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic