ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z270Gaming K6- Onboard RGB not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z270Gaming K6- Onboard RGB not working
    Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 12:56pm

Hello everyone. I have just built a rig around the Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 board and I'm overall very happy with the purchase.

Unfortunately, I happened to stumble across a issue regarding the Factory onboard RGB LEDs that came with mine and so far I have been unable to sort it out.

It all started when I wanted to test the RGB Aura functionality yesterday. I had my system up and running Win10 Anniversary x64 with the Original 1.10 bios and decided to change the default color cycling style option.

Since the 1.10 bios I was using didn't have the Aura RGB set-up menu, I had to resort to the Windows version. All fine, downloaded the installer from the board's support section, then proceeded to install. Okay, I ran the program and a message box saying something along the lines of 'Updating RGB Firmware' appeared.

Out of a sudden, the LEDs happen to change color to a lime green and then after the update finishes, all of them turn off permanently,  and no matter what options I set or change, the LEDs won't start again.

I tried clearing CMOS, updating to the latest official BIOS (2..10) and using the Aura RGB setup menu that comes integrated with the newer BIOSes without any results. It is curious to mention though, that by removing the power cord and setting the PSU's switch to off, then connecting mains cable and switching on, the LEDs all flick for half a second, then turn off immediately.

Is this actual component level damage or hopefully a solvable case of misconfiguration? This is my first ASRock board and I have never had such an stable, solid, good looking workhorse as the K6 is, but it would be sad to see such a good feature go to waste.

Thanks for the help!
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 12:00pm

Dear Subhuman,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, please follow the below steps to flash the LED firmware.

1.            Open CMD as an administrator (type "CMD" in search bar right click & choose "Run as administrator" from the context menu)

2.            Go to RGB app installation folder by typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\"

3.            Flash the RGB chip using the following command "wICPFLASH.exe /File=nu51_1.08" - this takes around 15 seconds.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

subhuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 3:02pm

Hello again ASRock,

I can confirm the solution you posted works perfectly! The app is now fully functional and I can change the RGB settings to my total likings. I am a happy man. ;)

For future reference, I wanted to share with you two attachments below so in the future other K6 gaming users who experience the same issue can recognise that the flashing procedure works perfectly.

Thank you so much for the valuable information and prompt, quick response.

From Uruguay,

Best regards!

Edited by subhuman - 22 Aug 2017 at 3:02pm
mcole2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcole2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:00pm
Hi, I had issues getting the music feature to work in ASRock Polychrome RGB so I tried the solution offered and now all of my led's are dim and my case fans are spinning at 100% constantly.

To be clear, my version was slightly different:

>>> cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin
>>> wICPFLASH.exe\File=nu51_1.10

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!
mcole2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mcole2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:05pm
UPDATE! I got it working.  I found another file in the same directory called "nu51_2.02"
Simply did the very same using this file and all is well - still having the same issue with the music setting but I was more curious about it than anything.  It's great as is!

Thanks!
flavyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flavyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by mcole2009 mcole2009 wrote:

UPDATE! I got it working.  I found another file in the same directory called "nu51_2.02"
Simply did the very same using this file and all is well - still having the same issue with the music setting but I was more curious about it than anything.  It's great as is!

Thanks!

The same method worked for me too. I took the last file (maybe it was the latest file version, but there was another), which also begins with "nu51_" and flashed it with the above stated command. Now the AMD Fan led and MB led work properly from the utility tool.
My motherboard is: ASRock x470 Master Sli.

Thanks guys for all your findings and help.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic