ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Killer SLI a/c

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Luiz Gianco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luiz Gianco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Killer SLI a/c
    Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 2:39pm
Hello,

I'm new here ando will be glad if you can help me...

Anyone know if the Killer SLI suports the M.2 WiFi module Intel 8265ngw ?

Thnaks for your attention...
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 10:33am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

i recall reading somewhere the bluetooth is under the 370 heat sink in a mini m2 slot

whether this is in fact correct i dont know

The WiFi module is mounted in a special M.2 slot, just below the vertical VRM heatsink, to the right of the word Ryzen on the IO panel internal cover, and just above the PCIE1 x1 slot. The M.2 slot has "M.2 WIFI" printed on it. It is not located underneath any heat sink or cover. You can easily see it in any of the top down pictures on this board's information page:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370%20Killer%20SLIac/index.asp

One small screw holds in place. This module is both the WiFi and Bluetooth module.

This board is sold with (/ac version) and without the WiFi module, so it is easily added or removed from the board.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 12:34am
i recall reading somewhere the bluetooth is under the 370 heat sink in a mini m2 slot

whether this is in fact correct i dont know
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
7PCGamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7PCGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:52pm
Thanks for the layout.. i believe the wifi module in killer sli is not concealed and can be easily removed.. i dont like unwanted paraphernalia in my computer :)
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 2:48am
7PCGamer, here is the response I got from  ASRock America Support Team:
Unfortunately, the only WAN Radio (signal) can be disabled.
If like not to detect by Windows, that Wi-Fi module need to be removed from mainboard.
Remove the plastic IO cover by un-tighten the screws at the back of the board and Wi-Fi module?™s screws at the back of the board.
And then remove the Wi-Fi module form slot.

Plus images:

I did not ask about warranty because I did not plan to modify my board.  I also think Bluetooth is on this Intel circuit board.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
7PCGamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7PCGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

I asked this question of support and found the answer to be no.  You can turn the radio off in the BIOS.   Support suggested I could physically remove (unplug) the card right in front of the antennae connections after removing the cover.  This seemed like too much and would probably void the warranty even though support suggested it.  Enjoy, John.

okay... was under the impression that this was like any other M2 card.. but support suggested that it can be removed right?

thanks.  
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:25pm
I asked this question of support and found the answer to be no.  You can turn the radio off in the BIOS.   Support suggested I could physically remove (unplug) the card right in front of the antennae connections after removing the cover.  This seemed like too much and would probably void the warranty even though support suggested it.  Enjoy, John.

Edited by MisterJ - 28 Aug 2017 at 11:25pm
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
7PCGamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7PCGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I have the same board, and unless that option was added in the 3.10 UEFI that I have not installed, there is no option to disable the wireless LAN.

You can disable the Intel 3168 wireless LAN controller in Device Manager.

Hi, I just figured that the wifi controller is a module on in the M2 slot.. was wondering if it is fully detachable. There are two wires that connect to the wifi output on the backpanel.. can they be fully unscrewed?

Thanks.

EDIT: This is a pre-purchase question... i dont have the mobo 

Edited by 7PCGamer - 28 Aug 2017 at 9:54pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by 7PCGamer 7PCGamer wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to disable the onboard wireless LAN controller in BIOS?

Many thanks.
7PCGamer

I have the same board, and unless that option was added in the 3.10 UEFI that I have not installed, there is no option to disable the wireless LAN.

You can disable the Intel 3168 wireless LAN controller in Device Manager.
7PCGamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7PCGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 3:14pm
Hi,

Is it possible to disable the onboard wireless LAN controller in BIOS?

Many thanks.
7PCGamer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic