ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 itx/ac - Display Resolution issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Robominator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robominator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z270 itx/ac - Display Resolution issue
    Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 11:54pm
@parsec

a friend of mine has the exact same Config , Hardware as software. And it works for him !
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 10:38am
Assuming you have the Z270M-ITX/ac board. From your board's specifications, which is the same for all Z270/Kaby Lake systems:

Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel® HD Graphics is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z270M-ITXac/index.asp#Specification

That is an Intel and/or MSoft limitation, likely due to the DRM situation with movie and TV production.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robominator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:15am
I just ran the Powerdvd UHD Advisor test on my PC , and the error it gives is the the HDCP 2.2 is not working .

I am 100% positive that my TV setup is OK , because my Nvidia Shield also works on UHD .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robominator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:04am
Done that @wardog , doesn't change anything though since i have all that already.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 4:59am
I don't have an Intel with the HD630 iGPU.

The below UHD Req and How-To video page came from Intel's HD630 Support page:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000023296.html

Intel HD630 iGPU Support Page:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-7th-generation-intel-processors/intel-hd-graphics-630.html

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robominator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 4:46am
and yes,  SGX is also enabled and the new Bios is also installed.
changed several HDMI Cables, even ordered new Premium 18Gbps Cables.

Edited by Robominator - 26 Aug 2017 at 4:59am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robominator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 4:38am
Hey

i just received my Z270 itx/ac with my Kaby Lake 7600 Processor .

I am not able to use Netflix UHD , due to the fact , that it shows in Windows 10 that my optimal settings for my Display are 1920*1080 , even though i can display 3840*2160.

But it simply doesn't recognize it !!! I changed the HDMI cable , i changed TV's (both 4k) , i reinstalled the system .... Nothing works...

my way of installing :

1. Windows 10
2. Installing the Intel Management Engine with UHD Support
3. HDCP
4. Intel Driver Update Utility .

Restart , and nothing .

I am going nuts since i can't find the error , anyone who can help me ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic