ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B85M boot loop with 1 beep after bluescreen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droogy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B85M boot loop with 1 beep after bluescreen
    Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 11:40pm
Hi everybody,

just an hour ago all of a sudden in the middle of a game I experienced a bluescreen saying "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".
Then, on reboot, 1 beep sounds and the machine tries to restart again in an endless Loop. Entering the bios pages  not possible. The Monitor`s LED doesn`t turn green as usual but remains yellow. In my opion even if the SDD`s boot record should be  damaged I should be able to enter the bios or UEFI respectively by pressing F2. Am I right in this regard? Temperatures  in my region are  very high  these days (35 degrees Celsius - 95 degrees Fahrenheit). May that fact have been contributed to the Problem?

Thanks very much for every hint to the solution  in advance: droogy

Asrock B85M
I5-4570, boxed cooler
8 GB RAM
Win7 64bit
Toshiba SSD 250 MB
etc.

Edited by droogy - 08 Aug 2015 at 11:43pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 1:14am
I would try reseating your RAM and clearing CMOS. I prefer the battery removal method as it clears everything, just be sure to let the system sit without the battery for at least 4 hours with no power connected to the PC. Also be sure to press and hold the power button once the power is disconnected to discharge any residual power.

If this does not work we will have to dig deeper. 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 1:41pm
That BSOD error is related to a hardware failure, usually memory. If could also be the video card, if you are using one.

You aren't getting any video signal to the monitor, so it could be a DRAM memory failure or the video card broke. If you use a video card, remove it from the PC and connect the monitor to the Intel iGPU connections on the IO panel and try to start the PC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic