ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power On Mouse won't work anymore

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbopuschel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power On Mouse won't work anymore
    Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 3:33pm
Hi there, I have a small but annoying problem which I hope you can help me with.

I upgraded my Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10 a few days ago and upgraded my UEFI and mainboard (ASrock H97 Pro4) drivers on the occasion because there were new versions for Win10.

Until then, I used to be able to power up my computer from shutdown (not sleep, hibernation, standby or anything) by clicking a mouse button; the corresponding setting in the UEFI ("USB Mouse Power On") was set to enabled and it still is.
Now the only way to power on the computer is the power button. I can still wake the computer up from hibernation, sleep etc. via mouse click ("Allow this device to wake the computer" in mouse properties is enabled).

I suspect Windows respectively the Windows upgrade is not to blame because when trying to power up the computer after shutdown Windows is not yet loaded.
But can anyone tell me how I can again use the mouse to power up?
Turbopuschel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbopuschel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 4:02pm
In the meantime I found out that the problem is related to the "Turn on fast startup" setting of Windows 10. If it is deactivated, I can use my USB mouse to power the computer on from shutdown. If it is activated, that does not work. I would like to keep fast startup enabled because that decreases my boot time from 60+ seconds to about 15-20. Does anyone know how to achieve that?
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 7:06am
any fix or update to this? having same problem
lou
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic