ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Taichi price drop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 Taichi price drop
    Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:18am
1) Why did X370 taichi had a such a big price drop in 1-1.5 months, from 268euro to 226euro. Is everything OK with board? Other flagship board hold their price from the beginning.

2) Also thinking of swithing my x370 K4 for Taichi. Any comment form Taichi users, is board stable? Very often on this forum I see many problems connected for Taichi (chasis fans didn`t recognized, m.2 slower speed, post code - won`t boot, higher cpu voltage, freeze problem,...)

Edited by Asingo - 03 Sep 2017 at 5:22am
nangu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nangu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:31am
I have the x370 K4 too. I think sooner or later there will be some revision 2 for the flagship boards from all manufacturers.

If you don't have any serious problem with the K4, or need a feature present on the Taichi, in my opinion we should wait until new boards launch if you are thinking to exchange your board.

Cheers. 
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:54am
Problem with my board that I have 2x8gb 3200mhz that probaby won`t ever work on full speed with this board. Also question is will this board support Zen2 since it became EOL.
nangu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nangu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:13am
Taichi has problems too about running Hynix memory at 3200 XMP settings, so you need to be sure your memory kit will work at that speed on it. ATM it's a lottery.

My problems with this board are the same as you, but IMO it's wise to wait for new boards because nobody knows if the current Ryzen boards will get Zen 2 support, even flagship boards. I suspect may be the Asus CH6 and the Asrock Gaming Pro will get it eventually, but seeing the current state of ram compatibility on Ryzen's board may be a rev 2 is needed to support new Zen CPUs.

So, I decided to wait a few months to change the K4. It works very solid now after all.

Another point will be what's up with the new Intel CPUs which will be released next year and could render Zen 2 obsolete even before launch.

Edited by nangu - 03 Sep 2017 at 6:14am
Ricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:15am
if u change to taichi, there is also no guarantee the ram will work at 3200MHz.

As i see even some x370 professional gaming owner also complain they can't get the ram to run at higher speed. Since it depend on quite many factor like need a CPU with better imc, better ram such as samsung b die and others. 

EOL != End of support. So, i think the answer is yes, it will eventually support zen 2 and it's successor as long as AMD is still using AM4 socket.

One of the selling point of AM4 platform is long term support, at least until 2020 according to AMD?

Edited by Ricky - 03 Sep 2017 at 6:22am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:27am
End Of Line/End of Life does not mean end of support, not even close, especially with ASRock. ASRock are well known to support their boards LONG after they are out of production. I have even seen socket 775 users get support so I wouldn't worry about the EOL status of the Gaming K4. 

I see this come up a lot, here and elsewhere on the net. If Zen II/2 comes out and only requires a BIOS/microcode update to work on current AM4 boards I would imagine the K4 will support it. 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Asingo Asingo wrote:

1) Why did X370 taichi had a such a big price drop in 1-1.5 months, from 268euro to 226euro. Is everything OK with board? Other flagship board hold their price from the beginning.

2) Also thinking of swithing my x370 K4 for Taichi. Any comment form Taichi users, is board stable? Very often on this forum I see many problems connected for Taichi (chasis fans didn`t recognized, m.2 slower speed, post code - won`t boot, higher cpu voltage, freeze problem,...)

An X370 Taichi costs 226 Euro now, but was 268 Euro several weeks ago in your country?!  Shocked

That is very expensive! The retailers must be marking up the price, or there is some kind of tax included in that price.

I can purchase the X370 Taichi in the USA for the equivalent of 169 Euro easily. Prices range from the equivalent of 160 to 193 Euro in the USA.

I imagine the price was lowered because very few are being sold at that terrible price. The X370 Taichi has been available since the launch of Ryzen processors, so five months now? The prices of Ryzen boards have gone down since initial release, but that is normal.

AMD reduced the prices of Ryzen processors a few weeks ago, does that mean they have a problem? You should have seen Ryzen processor prices go down in your area. If they did not go down, something is not right.

The prices have nothing to do with a problem with the board. Your local prices have dropped from ridiculous to only high. I feel sorry for you if that is your only source of PC parts.

Edited by parsec - 03 Sep 2017 at 10:39am
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:33pm
Yeah, that is the price in Europe. I now see that all Asrock board have the biggest price drop, X370 K4 form 172 to 153 euro, X370 fatalaty pro form 330 (I think) to 270 euro. Asus, MSI and GIgabyte hold their prices (max drop is 52-10 euro).

What about problems with Taichi, almost every 2-3 post on this forum is about Taichi. Is board stable? For now I prefer Taichi because it has best VRM on AM4, there is a rumor that Zen2 will have 10-12 cores so that VRM should handle it without problem.

Also little OT: Does someone on this forum have fps dop in some games after game loading screen? Is taht Win10 problem or what? Example: Anno 1404, when I load the save game every time I got small stutter and fps drop. After that game work OK. O nother game like Bioshock infinite everything wok OK.

My spec are:

x370 k4
r5 1600
ati 7770
16gb ram
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by Asingo Asingo wrote:

An X370 Taichi costs 226 Euro now, but was 268 Euro several weeks ago in your country?!  Shocked

I bought mine for 225 EUR 2 months ago. Currently the price is still the same with this shop, so IDK what OP has seen.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 8:06pm
in the U.K.

the taichi has dropped in price by £10 (roughly $10/10E)
the asus x370 prime the same £10
the biggest reduction is the asus crosshair hero 6 thats dropped by about £40

i dont see any major issue here (this price difference was from early april when you couldnt even find boards in stock)
as for problems with the taichi board...............ive owned mine since april .had it running ram at 3200 asince april,had it running a 1700 at 3.9 ghz since april
the only problem i had to ask advice about on this forum was the crazy *mis-reported * voltage on some softwares, never had an issue myself with any usb/hard drives etc

when i read about the fear of no support in future i must confess i laughed,
amd have declared to stick to am4 until 2020+ can you imagine the uproar and outrage if ALL brands did not release the bios flash to support the zen2/zen+ new cpus ?
just look at the last socket from amd you find am2/am2+/am3 overlapping all over the brands and boards, in my experiance amd and the board makers just dont play the intel silly games of making users buy a new board every 6 months
historically
asrock/asus/gigabyte/msi are all on the ball and do support newer bios revisions for any cpu that fits the socket and has a power capacity in the vrms to support newer cpus
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic