ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro 4 - Ram Voltage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabrimor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro 4 - Ram Voltage
    Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 9:29pm
Hi, thanks for reading.

I bought, 2 weeks ago, an Asrock AB350 Pro 4 motherboard.

My Corsair RAM isn't QVL, so I know it's not easy to get the rated 3000mhz speed.

I'm running 2666 and I'm satisfied, it's enough for me.

But, there's something I can't understand.

DRAM voltage, at auto, runs with 1.21v.

When I try to set at the rated voltage, 1.35v, mobo won't post.

Same thing happens with any voltage higher than 1.23v.

When I use, one bank, instead of two banks, I can increase the voltage to 1.35v.

Is it normal?

For me, this low voltage is making my system crash, sometimes.....

Again, thanks for reading!
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 12:49am
have you tried selecting XMP and then turning just the 3000 down to 2666 and test to see if it boots?
are your ram sticks in slots a2 and b2 ?
have you tried increasing the SOC voltage to 1.1 volt ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Maddreg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 4:30am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

have you tried selecting XMP and then turning just the 3000 down to 2666 and test to see if it boots?
are your ram sticks in slots a2 and b2 ?
have you tried increasing the SOC voltage to 1.1 volt ?
Unfortunately there is no way to change SOC voltage on ab350 pro4 and am350m pro4 (and probably other cheaper MB), I heard that those options persist in bios but hidden by asrock
ASRock AB350M Pro4//Ryzen R6 1600@3800=1.275v+Macho rev.B//GTX 1060//Ripjaws V@3200 16-18-18-38-56=1.4v (2x8Gb)//Corsair RM550x
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:03am
Originally posted by gabrimor gabrimor wrote:

Hi, thanks for reading.

I bought, 2 weeks ago, an Asrock AB350 Pro 4 motherboard.

My Corsair RAM isn't QVL, so I know it's not easy to get the rated 3000mhz speed.

I'm running 2666 and I'm satisfied, it's enough for me.

When I use, one bank, instead of two banks, I can increase the voltage to 1.35v.

Is it normal?

Again, thanks for reading!

What model number of Corsair memory are you using, and what capacity and number of DIMMs are you using, as in GBs?

Do you have a POST beep speaker installed? If so, do you hear any beeps when the board fails to POST?

It sounds like your memory requires more power than the board is able to provide at 1.35V, for some reason.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:54am
Originally posted by gabrimor gabrimor wrote:

Is it normal?

Please pull the memory and re-seat it fully till both ends "click' , signalling it is seated correctly.

What you describe is odd behavior.

gabrimor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabrimor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 3:01am
Its really odd behavior, I know.
RAM is CMK8GX4M2B3000C15I5, and i'm using the banks at slots a2 and b2.
As the RAM works with 1.21v, we can say 1.35v its not enough.
As I said, I tried everything, but the problem still. With 1 bank, I can set 1.35v, with two, 1.23v is the limit. The new fact is I can set 1.35v with A-,Tuning software..
I tested RAM with Memtest, Windows Memory Diagnostic, Prime Blend and Asus RealBench. PASSED. But fails with 10 seconds with AIDA64 stability. Sorry for poor text, Um using mobile phone to right....

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 3:05am
have you tried as i suggested
click xmp
and then click 2666 manually

it should load the xmp settings for timing and volts but keep them when you select 2666

then test it to see if its stable

you also say with one stick it does 1.35

does it do this with both sticks tested alone ?
if one will and one wont then thats the problem a dodgy ram stick

Edited by datonyb - 07 Sep 2017 at 3:06am
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
gabrimor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabrimor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 6:44am
Yes, I tried xmp 2666, 2400, 2133. None have worked.

Tested both sticks, one at a time, with 1.35v. Both worked.

Still no dice with two sticks at 1.35v, no matter the frequency.

I'm sad, cause the shop wont accept change the motherboard, cause its working....

ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 10:05pm
Corsair RAM truly is horrible, often made with ICs that just barely scrap over the line for what they are rated for. So much as changing a memory timing from default down one notch can cause a no POST or BSODs, really awful stuff, which is why I will never recommend it to anyone or review it. Just a FYI for you in the future, basically buy any RAM that isn't Corsair.

Regards your specific problem, it is very unusual. If you haven't done so already;

1. Updated the UEFI to the latest version, power down, remove power cord and CMOS battery, press power button 2-3 times to discharge capacitors.

2. Test each DIMM module in each DIMM bank individually @ 1.35v

3. Swap DIMM banks, if they are in A2+B2, swap them to A1+B1. If I remember correctly thats the config needed on Asrock boards to run memory in dual channel mode. This will at least eliminate the possibility of your sticks being dual rank instead of single rank, although its highly unlikely that 8GB kit is anything but single rank.

4. Try setting the primary timings manually to 15-17-17-35

If that doesn't work and you are able to, send the memory kit back and get literally any other memory kit. It does seem like it is the memory kit that is the problem here I have never, ever, had a board refuse to POST because of the memory voltage I set although I have had memory kits on rare occasions refuse to work with voltage I set.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 3:02am
Originally posted by ket ket wrote:

Corsair RAM truly is horrible, ......

I've never understood the rabid following Cursair maintains.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic