ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Gaming Professional debug codes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simiid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Gaming Professional debug codes
    Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 1:58am
Hello,

1. Where is written in the manual the codes for Dr. Debug ?

2. Usually with other brands when booting I hear a single beep at bios start for a successful boot.
On this motherboard I've noticed there is no boot beep, only beep once when I get into bios.

3. How should I use the clear cmos button from the back ? Click it with computer close or open? Hold it for 19 seconds ?

Edited by simiid - 07 Sep 2017 at 2:06am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 2:15am
simiid, the Debug codes start on page 33*.  See http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?k=beep for help on beep codes.  See page 26 for Clear CMOS instructions*.
The manual (*) is your friend - please use it!  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
simiid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simiid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 2:37am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

simiid, the Debug codes start on page 33*.? See http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?k=beep for help on beep codes.? See page 26 for Clear CMOS instructions*.
The manual (*) is your friend - please use it!? Enjoy, John.

Thank you very much,

1. I don't know how I missed the codes in the manual. It's like searching for glasses with the glasses on my nose. :)

2. Related to beep at boot. So with ASRock there is no beep when booting the computer.

3. As for clear cmos I was referring to the button above usb ports and wifi antenna, not the jumper on mb. When I want to clear cmos and press that button, the computer should be closed or open and how long should I press?

Edited by simiid - 07 Sep 2017 at 2:40am
Ricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 3:01am
Originally posted by simiid simiid wrote:

Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

simiid, the Debug codes start on page 33*.? See http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?k=beep for help on beep codes.? See page 26 for Clear CMOS instructions*.
The manual (*) is your friend - please use it!? Enjoy, John.

Thank you very much,

1. I don't know how I missed the codes in the manual. It's like searching for glasses with the glasses on my nose. :)

2. Related to beep at boot. So with ASRock there is no beep when booting the computer.

3. As for clear cmos I was referring to the button above usb ports and wifi antenna, not the jumper on mb. When I want to clear cmos and press that button, the computer should be closed or open and how long should I press?
2) POST/boot beep option can be enable in Bios.
jdillipl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdillipl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 3:18am
I just downloaded and checked in the user manual, which is different from the Quick Installation Guide.  It states:

Clear CMOS Switch allows users to quickly clear the CMOS values.

Below that it states:

This function is workable only when you power off your computer and unplug the power supply.

So I would not worry about the case being open or closed, but shut down and disconnect power from the power supply, and hold the Clear CMOS button for a couple of seconds.

simiid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simiid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 3:45am
Thanks everyone for answers. It's pretty clear now.

As for open or close I was referring to pc shut off or powered on. I have to improve my english vocabulary. :)

Edited by simiid - 07 Sep 2017 at 3:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic