ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

C0 error

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

As I said on Sept 6:
"C0 Early CPU Init Start -- Disable Cache ??Init Local APIC"

And know knowing it is not the board or a part on it, I'd have the CPU diagnosed on another X399 board at a computer shop.

And the PSU.
LurkerLito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LurkerLito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:10pm
Just FYI I had that C0 error also with an MSI board and in the end it turned out to be a faulty DIMM slot. What happened was I put in 4x16GB and the bios saw 4x16GB sticks installed in the slots, but the system only saw 48GB of memory available.  I then tried 2 sticks and also got half memory, so I put in one stick C0 error, changed the stick to the other one in the same slot and got a C0 error. So try putting in 2 sticks, if you can get into the bios and it reads half the total memory then it's probably a bad dimm slot.
TANWare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANWare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:49am
I could have sworn at one point I too had a C0. Mine is because I had one faulty DIMM that eventually I found a slot and a good seating for.
128noGB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128noGB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 2:35pm
I'm getting the same issue:   http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6214&PID=37015&#37015

128GB just won't work.  C0 error.
theterk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theterk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 12:18pm
sorry to necrobump a thread, but thought I'd throw my experience with C0 onto the topic.

I just loaded a 2nd generation Threadripper into a motherboard, and got this same error.  Using BIOS Flashback, I updated to the latest and all is working.  
Tropico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tropico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by theterk theterk wrote:

sorry to necrobump a thread, but thought I'd throw my experience with C0 onto the topic.

I just loaded a 2nd generation Threadripper into a motherboard, and got this same error.? Using BIOS Flashback, I updated to the latest and all is working.??

I received this code too. Downloaded latest Bios. Used BIOS Flashback function with BIOS on USB. Bingo, it boots.

I really didn't think a BIOS update would be necessary but it was.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic