ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

C0 error

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tropico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tropico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C0 error
    Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by theterk theterk wrote:

sorry to necrobump a thread, but thought I'd throw my experience with C0 onto the topic.

I just loaded a 2nd generation Threadripper into a motherboard, and got this same error.? Using BIOS Flashback, I updated to the latest and all is working.??

I received this code too. Downloaded latest Bios. Used BIOS Flashback function with BIOS on USB. Bingo, it boots.

I really didn't think a BIOS update would be necessary but it was.
theterk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theterk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 12:18pm
sorry to necrobump a thread, but thought I'd throw my experience with C0 onto the topic.

I just loaded a 2nd generation Threadripper into a motherboard, and got this same error.  Using BIOS Flashback, I updated to the latest and all is working.  
128noGB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128noGB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 2:35pm
I'm getting the same issue:   http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6214&PID=37015&#37015

128GB just won't work.  C0 error.
TANWare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANWare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:49am
I could have sworn at one point I too had a C0. Mine is because I had one faulty DIMM that eventually I found a slot and a good seating for.
LurkerLito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LurkerLito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:10pm
Just FYI I had that C0 error also with an MSI board and in the end it turned out to be a faulty DIMM slot. What happened was I put in 4x16GB and the bios saw 4x16GB sticks installed in the slots, but the system only saw 48GB of memory available.  I then tried 2 sticks and also got half memory, so I put in one stick C0 error, changed the stick to the other one in the same slot and got a C0 error. So try putting in 2 sticks, if you can get into the bios and it reads half the total memory then it's probably a bad dimm slot.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

As I said on Sept 6:
"C0 Early CPU Init Start -- Disable Cache ??Init Local APIC"

And know knowing it is not the board or a part on it, I'd have the CPU diagnosed on another X399 board at a computer shop.

And the PSU.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:56pm
As I said on Sept 6:
"C0 Early CPU Init Start -- Disable Cache ??Init Local APIC"

And know knowing it is not the board or a part on it, I'd have the CPU diagnosed on another X399 board at a computer shop.
rizzlekicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizzlekicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:46pm
Okay, so I got a new TR and still get the C0.
Could someone from AS Rock please tell me what C0 means and what I could possibly do?

ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by rizzlekicks rizzlekicks wrote:

So I just finished some further tests:

I cleared the CMOS (taking out the battery, pushing the reset button) -> C0
I opened the CPU "tray" and checked that everything is seated properly. Pins look like the mainboard was never used. -> C0
Leaving the setup powered for a while leaves it in the boot loop (every time rebooting after 15 seconds with C0), after a few cycles the mobo shuts down completely, the CPU is quite hot...

I have no further idea, so the only two things left to check is the PSU (no idea how to check if it may be faulty) and the CPU. I guess I just have to get a new TR.

Test each memory stick individually in every DIMM bank, its quite possible this could be the source of your problems as well as ruling out an iffy DIMM bank.
rizzlekicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizzlekicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 10:47pm
So I just finished some further tests:

I cleared the CMOS (taking out the battery, pushing the reset button) -> C0
I opened the CPU "tray" and checked that everything is seated properly. Pins look like the mainboard was never used. -> C0
Leaving the setup powered for a while leaves it in the boot loop (every time rebooting after 15 seconds with C0), after a few cycles the mobo shuts down completely, the CPU is quite hot...

I have no further idea, so the only two things left to check is the PSU (no idea how to check if it may be faulty) and the CPU. I guess I just have to get a new TR.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic