ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inconsistent USB Polling rate Asmedia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inconsistent USB Polling rate Asmedia?
    Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 12:00am
Originally posted by ket ket wrote:

To add on what Parsec said I'll add I used a Roccat Kova+ during the review of the X370 Fatality Gaming K4 and did not experience any problems. Based on my use with the K4, and from what I've read of your issues, your problem sounds like you need to try a different USB port, or any suggestions made you haven't yet tried. The only option I can think of that might be of use to you is the USB Redriver option in the UEFI. There isn't really any info on the option but my guess would be it adjusts signal quality / delay so might help. If nothing suggested works, it's just time for a new mouse. 9 years or so is old for any mouse ;)

But when you tested your r4 did it performs well in the mouse-movement recorder software like not dropping hz like my pictures?

Also... my bro did bought this mouse in 2009 but as i say i have a logitech m100 3.0 usb but 125 tried to polling 225 but is ugly.

And that usb redriver option in UEFI do you recommend disable or ON? Im really tired of not to have a properly devices :(
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

[URL=][/URL]If you click on the USB entries in your BIOS, they don't do anything? They don't change to another screen?

I gave you the screens for those USB options since you asked for them, but trust me, all they have in them are options for enabling the USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports that won't help you. Plus I have no idea what most of those options even do, and NONE of them are about polling rates.

I don't know why you don't have a polling rate option in F-Stream, but I do know that it only can work if your mouse is connected to the Fatal1ty mouse port, and ONLY on that USB port. Did you try restarting the PC after installing F-Stream?

The Logitech software is probably interfering with the F-Stream Fatal1ty mouse options. I've always disliked Logitech mice because of their drivers, they never work well IMO.

Windows 10 will only install the Microsoft USB 3.0 driver for ALL of the USB ports, including the USB 2.0 ports. That is also true for Intel boards when using Windows 10. So unless you installed a different USB 3.0 driver on your Intel board, or did not use Windows 10, the USB drivers are the same on both PCs.

As I said, I'm not an expert on how to configure a gaming mouse. In the post above this one, ket suggested some of the same things as I did. I agree with him about trying a different mouse. Yes, your K9 from 2008 worked fine on your Intel PC, I know you will tell us. I don't have any other answers for you, sorry to say.

Hello thanks for being honest, and yeah this actually use to happen to when doing fresh install of windows, without any apps or mice software the F-stream refuse to brings the options like "tools" etc...

And yep i cannot click enter in those PROM4-2-1 it doesn't bring me to any direction, is like locked. And all is the usb ryzen drivers because that what most people was recommending, Also in fact windows keep 2 usb drivers 3.0 2017 in my universal, i tried to updated with the ryzen from windows 7 64 bit like most users did, but it seems to throw blue screen like (opps windows ran into problem) but there is not any bb-code. but anyway thanks alot Parsec!
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 6:34pm
To add on what Parsec said I'll add I used a Roccat Kova+ during the review of the X370 Fatality Gaming K4 and did not experience any problems. Based on my use with the K4, and from what I've read of your issues, your problem sounds like you need to try a different USB port, or any suggestions made you haven't yet tried. The only option I can think of that might be of use to you is the USB Redriver option in the UEFI. There isn't really any info on the option but my guess would be it adjusts signal quality / delay so might help. If nothing suggested works, it's just time for a new mouse. 9 years or so is old for any mouse ;)
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 10:35am
If you click on the USB entries in your BIOS, they don't do anything? They don't change to another screen?

I gave you the screens for those USB options since you asked for them, but trust me, all they have in them are options for enabling the USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports that won't help you. Plus I have no idea what most of those options even do, and NONE of them are about polling rates.

I don't know why you don't have a polling rate option in F-Stream, but I do know that it only can work if your mouse is connected to the Fatal1ty mouse port, and ONLY on that USB port. Did you try restarting the PC after installing F-Stream?

The Logitech software is probably interfering with the F-Stream Fatal1ty mouse options. I've always disliked Logitech mice because of their drivers, they never work well IMO.

Windows 10 will only install the Microsoft USB 3.0 driver for ALL of the USB ports, including the USB 2.0 ports. That is also true for Intel boards when using Windows 10. So unless you installed a different USB 3.0 driver on your Intel board, or did not use Windows 10, the USB drivers are the same on both PCs.

As I said, I'm not an expert on how to configure a gaming mouse. In the post above this one, ket suggested some of the same things as I did. I agree with him about trying a different mouse. Yes, your K9 from 2008 worked fine on your Intel PC, I know you will tell us. I don't have any other answers for you, sorry to say.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 9:49am
Some more general thoughts;

Have you tried the mouse in a different USB port?
Are you using the generic MS driver or one from Logitech?
Have you tried uninstalling any and all mouse software you may be using and installing just the mouse driver?
Have you tried a different mouse?
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 1:23am
And something i dont understand is why my SOFTWARE F-STREAm doesn't bring the features of polling rate, or the tool options like ASROCK ab350 motherboard shows in pictureS?

look:

And these pictures are from Ab350 ASrock 350 fatality k4 gaming F-SOFTWARE
which come with more features ._.

And yeah thats my motherboard i tried to connect in Even F-PORTS, USB type C the light blue port, and most of the 3.0 and meh nothing :(
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 12:31am
And yeah @parsec i did changes the USB ports also im using as default F-PORTS near of the Ps/2 combined. And when dowloading F-SOFTWARE it doesn't seems to have the feature of changes polling rate. x.x i dont know whats is happening ill dowload the software to see.

And i always turn off or uncheck the saving features on HID-services and universal USB

Edited by x58haze - 08 Sep 2017 at 1:03am
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 12:27am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

[URL=][/URL]You've been dealing with your mouse issues for a long time now, right? Sorry to see you still have problems. Your mouse polling rate data information is interesting, I have one idea about that. I'm not an expert on gaming mice, but here goes...

First, I am not aware of any USB 3.0/ASMedia "ASMedia function" in the UEFI that has a polling rate setting. In the Advanced\AMD CBS\FCH Common Options there is a USB Configuration Options screen. What some of the options on this screen do, I don't know.

Also, if your board has this, in the Advanced\AMD CBS\Promontory Common Options, there are several USB configuration screens.

Variations of the USB polling rate of +/- a few percentages of the
polling rate is likely just caused by normal variations in whatever
clock generator is used for the USB ports. But when you see the polling
rate set at 1000Hz or 500Hz down to a rate of ~1/2 or less, that is
caused by something else.

Morning

When I see large changes in the frequency of anything related to a PC, like the 1000Hz polling rate at a fraction of 1000Hz (247Hz, 165Hz), I think of some kind of power saving option being active. I see on some of your Device Manager USB device screen shots the Power Management tab. That tab has an option to "Allow the PC to turn off this device to save power", which is checked by default. Have you tried unchecking that option on ALL of the Device Manager entries that have that setting?

Related to this, CPU power saving options like Cool n Quiet and C6 C State cause latency in many things, including IO. Those options are enabled by default in the UEFI.

Questions for you, do you see the changes in the polling rate with ALL of the USB ports? Including the Fatal1ty mouse port? The ASRock F-Stream utility for you board has an option for setting the polling rate of the Fatal1ty mouse port, a USB 2.0 port. Any reason you don't use that?

I'm also curious why you choose to use any USB 3.0 port for a mouse, if you have a choice. The way any USB 3.0/3.1 interface works is, there are more connections in the USB 3.0 port and the USB 3.0 device. USB 3.0 ports and devices have the standard USB 2.0 connections, and added connections to provide USB 3.0 speed and power. If you check the USB plug on any mouse, it only has the USB 2.0 connections in it. The same is true for a USB 2.0 flash drive. So you don't get more speed connecting a mouse or other standard USB 2.0 device to a USB 3.0 port, since it simply does not connect to any of the USB 3.0 connections in a USB 3.0 port. If the USB 3.0 ports are not working well with your mouse, you won't lose anything by using a USB 2.0 port.

Morning Parsec thanks for all you support, but yeah there some options in bios but that i dont have ACCEs at all.

I would love to see if you can check my bios pictures i take it with f12 key through my bios with my pendrive.
Then i just compressed into 7zip is totally out of viruses
http://www.mediafire.com/file/264dbklkv5a3dq5/MyBiosPicturesDefault.7z

The thing is yeah im dealing with this, i have been keep with this search of try to get a stable feeling, i have improved a little be with some help
But could you check? those pictures? because it seems that i dont have acces to the: PROM4, PROM2, PROM1 USB

Thanks for your time
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 12:14am
You've been dealing with your mouse issues for a long time now, right? Sorry to see you still have problems. Your mouse polling rate data information is interesting, I have one idea about that. I'm not an expert on gaming mice, but here goes...

First, I am not aware of any USB 3.0/ASMedia "ASMedia function" in the UEFI that has a polling rate setting. In the Advanced\AMD CBS\FCH Common Options there is a USB Configuration Options screen. What some of the options on this screen do, I don't know.

Also, if your board has this, in the Advanced\AMD CBS\Promontory Common Options, there are several USB configuration screens.

Variations of the USB polling rate of +/- a few percentages of the polling rate is likely just caused by normal variations in whatever clock generator is used for the USB ports. But when you see the polling rate set at 1000Hz or 500Hz down to a rate of ~1/2 or less, that is caused by something else.

When I see large changes in the frequency of anything related to a PC, like the 1000Hz polling rate at a fraction of 1000Hz (247Hz, 165Hz), I think of some kind of power saving option being active. I see on some of your Device Manager USB device screen shots the Power Management tab. That tab has an option to "Allow the PC to turn off this device to save power", which is checked by default. Have you tried unchecking that option on ALL of the Device Manager entries that have that setting?

Related to this, CPU power saving options like Cool n Quiet and C6 C State cause latency in many things, including IO. Those options are enabled by default in the UEFI.

Questions for you, do you see the changes in the polling rate with ALL of the USB ports? Including the Fatal1ty mouse port? The ASRock F-Stream utility for you board has an option for setting the polling rate of the Fatal1ty mouse port, a USB 2.0 port. Any reason you don't use that?

I'm also curious why you choose to use any USB 3.0 port for a mouse, if you have a choice. The way any USB 3.0/3.1 interface works is, there are more connections in the USB 3.0 port and the USB 3.0 device. USB 3.0 ports and devices have the standard USB 2.0 connections, and added connections to provide USB 3.0 speed and power. If you check the USB plug on any mouse, it only has the USB 2.0 connections in it. The same is true for a USB 2.0 flash drive. So you don't get more speed connecting a mouse or other standard USB 2.0 device to a USB 3.0 port, since it simply does not connect to any of the USB 3.0 connections in a USB 3.0 port. If the USB 3.0 ports are not working well with your mouse, you won't lose anything by using a USB 2.0 port.

ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 9:15pm
Have you tried the latest Asmedia ASM1143 (often incorrectly called ASM1142 in regards to the AMD AM4 chipsets) drivers? I'll upload them for you, they are directly from the Microsoft Update Catalog and their version is 1.16.47.2.

DOWNLOAD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic