ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Fatal1ty drive problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader5050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X399 Fatal1ty drive problems
    Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 11:03pm
Just bought a Fatal1ty board and paired it with a 1950 threadripper. Updated bios to latest. Moved all components over from my i7 install.

Tried to just swap everything over and boot on the M.2 drive that previously hosted Windows. Won't boot, just get AE code, which I believe indicates no boot device. All drives show up fine in bios but I can't boot to anything. (AE code)

Created Windows 10 install usb via media creation tool. Did fresh install on M.2 drive and it boots fine.

Trying to clone my backup drive which was a clone of the M.2 with Windows. Whenever I try to use any sort of rescue disk, whether usb or CD/DVD I get AE code.

I feel like this is a driver issue but it happens even with the rescue image that the backup software creates which even shows that it copies the necessary drivers. (I created the rescue media in the fresh install in case it was an AMD vs Intel thing.)

I really don't want to start over from scratch. I even created the backup drive for this very reason. The board simply won't boot unless I do a fresh install.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic