ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AB350M Pro4 Ryzen 1600 stock mhz freezing [SOLVED]
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAB350M Pro4 Ryzen 1600 stock mhz freezing [SOLVED]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Big Al View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 5:24am
[URL=][/URL]I've got a new build that I'm trying to get going and it's been driving me to tears trying to get it stable.   Details of the system are:

Asrock AB350M Pro 4 motherboard, current 3.10 bios
Ryzen 5 1600 CPU
G Skill DDR4 2400 memory, 2 x 8GB
Intel SSDSCKJW360H601 M.2 2280 360 GB SATA 6Gb/s Internal SSD
Seasonic Focus 550 FX Gold PSU
Windows 10 Pro - clean install
GeForce GTX 1050 fails, old Radeon 4650 seems to do okay.

Long story short is that it will freeze after booting into windows after about 5 minutes. No hard drive light or anything, but screen does stay on frozen. Running stock speed. No overclocking.

Have tried changing power supplies and stability seems better with Seasonsic, which I purchased new to see if PSU was problem.

Have ran single sticks of ram and neither stick is anymore stable than the other.

A big thing that I noticed that DOES help is if I run my old Radeon 4650 graphics card instead of the new GTX 1050.   GTX is pcie powered, no 6 pin hookup.   I also have an older GTX 750 ti (also pcie powered) and it is just as unstable as the 1050.

Have boosted CPU voltage ever so slightly to 2.4V.   Have disabled Cool N Quiet and C6 power saving.   Ram timings are 16-16-16-36.

Is this possibly something with the motherboard where something with the power distribution system isn't correct? At this point it seems like it's either my motherboard or the CPU.   Even though video card seems to be the thing I can change to make it stable, I find it hard to believe that both the GTX 750ti and 1050 are both bad.    Long term though I'd like to run with something a little more powerful than a Radeon 4650.   ;)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Turned out that the CPU was bad.  RMA'd it, changed it out, and my problems are gone,  Litttle frustrated at the time and money (replacing other components and reinstall OS) that I had to spend to get this square away.  AMD was good about the exchange when it got to that point, but going through everything to get to that point was a pain.

Edited by Big Al - 22 Oct 2017 at 8:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic