ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Fatality Pro Gaming wierd code B2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Fatality Pro Gaming wierd code B2
    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 4:51am
Hi there

I get error code B2 on startup when first booted or rebooted. When I press reboot key, the system boots.

B2 is not listed under error codes, what does it mean?

Jerry
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 5:15am
Jerry,
B2 - Legacy Option ROM Initialization
Use this link: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=16017

Do you have RAID boot enabled in the BIOS?   I suggest you open the BIOS, hit F9 (Load Default UEFI settings), then Save and Exit.  This should always be done after a BIOS update and will not hurt a new build.
Please post your system specifications as in my signature.  Thanks and enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
jerry2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 5:28am
Ok, I'll made such signature, thanx.

Yes, I have RAID enabled in the BIOS. I did the F9 and this didn't help.

Edited by jerry2 - 27 Sep 2017 at 5:41am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 7:22am
jerry2, are you using the RAID?  If not, disable the setting and see if it boots without error.  Disable it if you don't use a RAID as a boot device.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 8:20am
Originally posted by jerry2 jerry2 wrote:

Ok, I'll made such signature, thanx.

Yes, I have RAID enabled in the BIOS. I did the F9 and this didn't help.

There are at least two, and on your board probably three SATA configuration screens, due to the way the SATA ports are provided in Ryzen boards. The CPU, SOC, and X370 chipset all can provide SATA ports on Ryzen. None of those are the extra ASMedia SATA ports provided with your board.

Do you have RAID enabled in just the Storage Configuration screen, or in the other screens under Advanced\AMD CBS? Those would be Promontory Common Options, and FCH Common Options.

I'm not 100% certain enabling RAID in those screens will stop POST from failing with the B2 code.

What version of Windows are you using?

Do you have any RAID arrays created now? If so, is it used for the OS drive?

Have you installed the AMD RAID driver, which is the SATA Floppy Image ver:8.1.0.26 on your board's download page?

If you check Device Manager under Storage Controllers, do you see any problem devices?

I could ask many more questions, but that's enough for now.

jerry2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 1:47pm
I use windows 10 but the problem is before RAID in UEFI initializes, not windows booting. I use the 8.2 driver for windows as it saves me from BSOD, because 8.1 driver has a problem, it is defective, even the 8.1.0.56 one.

I have raid drives, of course. I use them else I would disable the Raid. I don't have any problems with windows, once they are booted they work ok. It is just I have to post 2 times because normal startu up, un-hibernate or reboot doesn't work the first time.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 11:46pm
jerry2, we still know almost nothing about your system - BIOS version, memory, drives????
The 8.2 drivers are Floppy drivers?  Please tell us where you DLed them.  Thanks and enjoy, John.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic