ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

f.a.o. moderators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: f.a.o. moderators
    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 4:55am
small thing
while trying to help the guy tonight with the x399 taichi i noticed one thing

asrock x399 taichi support page for manuals

please let them know how to spell *europe* in the download locations

its a tad unprofessional to mis-spell things on a company website

i know you have a direct line to 24/7 bored guy in taiwan to answer you calls LOL

Edited by datonyb - 29 Sep 2017 at 4:55am
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 5:57am
I dunno, I kinda like the idea of downloading from Eurpoe.
It's these little things that make for a poor impression, agreed.  Like the reverse naming scheme on the SATA ports.  There are probably typos in the EUFI too (<see what I did there), but those more of a 'hacky' nature don't really care so much.

I'm just glad this thing worked out of the box.  I was super concerned that I'd screw it up, or that each and every part would be a dud.  Thus far the only dud I have is Windows 10 :D
X370 TaiChi | 1700X P3.10 stock clocks | (2x 16GB) 32GB FlareX 2400MHz.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 6:02am
Thanks for the heads up, we will pass it along Wink

Fortunately, typos don't make for bad products Tongue
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 9:30am
That's a recently done mistake, when the download locations were changed a bit.

USA/Asia was replaced with Global, and Europe was misspelled at the same time. Unfortunately the typo appears on all of the new AMD Ryzen/Threadripper mother board pages, as well as recent Intel boards. That must have been recently changed since I did not notice it until you pointed it out.

Don't forget ASRock is a Taiwanese company, Chinese is the native language. When I visited Taiwan last year, I was lucky the majority of the Taiwanese people spoke at least some English, most quite fluently. Spelling is another story, and mistakes are rare but do happen.

I can only imagine the mistakes I would make if I tried to write in Chinese given the difference between the two languages and how they are written. Given that, ASRock does very well.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic