ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Breadbox motherboard, How can I proceed? [SOLVED]
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breadbox motherboard, How can I proceed? [SOLVED]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ev1lchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breadbox motherboard, How can I proceed? [SOLVED]
    Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 11:41am

Hey everyone, it's me again.

Here's a quick rundown of my build:

Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Case Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4-21300) C16 Memory Kit - Black EVGA 500W Power Supply AMD Ryzen 5 1400 with Wraith Stealth Cooler ASRock AB350M-HDV Motherboard Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2 GB Toshiba 2 TB 7200 RPM 3.5 Hard Drive

I'm bread-boxing the motherboard before I mount it in the chassis. So far I've only put the RAM module in with the CPU and heat sink.

I've tried using both an HDMI display (a Vizio HDTV) and a regular VGA flat screen monitor (HP).

Here are some things I have noted:

Upon powering on I can toggle the caps lock and num lock on repeatedly until after a little while when the lights are frozen.

Fans work. PSU seems to be sending power throughout the board.

If I'm not mistaken this board does have some on board graphics. Regardless, I get just a black screen.

I live in Hawaii with not many means to test the hardware. I have sent the RAM and motherboard back and have exchanged it. There is no POST speaker, and the one I have ordered has yet to come.

How can I proceed the troubleshoot this issue

TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 3:20pm
Neither the CPU or motherboard you're using have integrated graphics, so you need to install your 1050, or any other discrete GPU you have, onto the motherboard and use the display outputs from this GPU to your monitor.

The video outputs on the motherboard are for use with AMD APUs only.

Edited by TooQik - 03 Oct 2017 at 3:22pm
ev1lchris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ev1lchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:38am
Hey, issue is solved.

I'm running my new beautiful computer now.  So far I am enjoying my ASRock motherboard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic