ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 k4 died after bios update :/

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 k4 died after bios update :/
    Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 10:54pm
i got a new board today and started my ryzen build.
it was all up and running  in win 10 but the ram was running at 2133 and its 3200 trident  so i thought id update the bios to the latest version 3.30
i used some utility off the asrock site to go do this and after it flashed to 3.3 and i restarted its now suck in a loop where it wont post.
what do i do ?
i cant seem to find an flash back method  i cant even locate the bios chip tbh.
how do i reflash a board that wont post?

is the bios utility program on the site faulty ? 
im pretty disgusted i only got it today
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 11:49pm
PaulBlack, if you used the Windows utility, that is the source of the problem.  Please always use the Instant Flash in the BIOS.  The Windows utility says it only works on BIOS 3.00 or higher.  What was your original version?  The BIOS RAM is labeled in my manual.  Sometime there is a sticker on the BIOS chip with the BIOS version.  Why ASRock even makes the Windows BIOS update method available is a mystery to me!   While your system is in the boot loop, please try F2 and see if you can get into the BIOS. If you can, then use the Instant Flash to flash again to 3.30.  If this is not possible, please consult your manual and try clearing the CMOS.  X370 boards do not have a flash back feature.  That came out with the X399.  If you continue to have problems, please post all your system specifications as I have in my signature.  You ultimately may need to RMA your board - several here have.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic