ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wifi connects but no internet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wifi connects but no internet
    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:31am
My daughter runs the B350 Fat1lity Gaming ITX mobo and I was having issues with random BSODs stemming from the intel WiFi card .. I was using the latest greatest off of ASRock's site at the time .. I went to Intel's site and got their latest/greatest and BSOD's went away under Windows 10 1903. Maybe get Intel's latest drivers and see if that fixes your connection woes.. for months prior though, my daughter's rig ran without issue so there must of been a windows update or the like that caused some compatibility issues or what not .. don't know for sure, but the drivers from Intel's site corrected the issue.

I used Intel's software to find updates on my daughter's machine so I don't know what driver revision it is exactly it gave me for her intel wifi nic
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
markfilan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markfilan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 2:00pm
As with any networking issues, there are 2 places to look at first: the networking equipment (router) and the device having the issue (computer, smartphone, tablet etc.). As a first step, restart your networking equipment and device and see if that fixes the problem. As with the router, network, [URL=http://net-informations.com/q/mis/wifi.html]wifi[/URL] and software problems often get fixed automatically with a simple restart. If it doesn't help you, check with the following:

Check Modem Lights
Flush your DNS
Change your DNS server address
IP address conflict
Outdated network driver
Check your ISP's status

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 9:51pm
Post back how it goes following TSDs info.

I have more than that for you to try there.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:59pm
Dear p7878220,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

According to your question, we provide some suggestions for verifying:

1. Please refer to the user manual (page.28) from the link below to clear CMOS. (Please shut down the AC power)

2. Please make sure the system is installed all drivers properly.

3. Please disable the Wifi adapter in device manager, and enable it again.

4. Please restart the router to verify.

5. Please connect Ethernet cable to router to check if this device is working properly.
If yes, please use another device to connect router via Wi-fi to verify.

6. If possible, please boot into another HDD with clean OS for verifying.

7. If possible, please change another Wifi card to verify.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

p7878220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p7878220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:45pm
I can connect to my wifi router but most of the time the win10 internet doesn't work. 
I installed a new driver for the wifi from your website and it would connect for 10 min and then cut out again. 
I tried re-installing the driver, changing and flushing the dns in addition to some random stuff i found online but nothing worked.
I'm all out ideas i hope anyone can help.
My board is AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic