ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using Timing Configurator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaylock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using Timing Configurator
    Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 12:04am
Hello, this is my first post in this forum but I'm on many others.

I have a ASRock Z97 OC Formula with an i7-4790k and I'm trying to use the timing configurator to set my memory timings on the fly. It's advertised as being able to do this but I only get a read-out of the setting with no option to change them. I've googled how to use this software but came back with no results. What are other people using to do this? I've also tried CPU Tweaker, Memset, SetFSB & AISuite but none of them work with this board. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA
Blaylock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaylock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 6:40pm
Bump, Still looking for answers.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 2:12pm
No idea what OS you use, but the version for your board and Win 7/8/8.1 is Timing Configurator ver:2.0.7.

You must use the version listed on your board's download pages, others will not work or not work correctly.

When you run the software and get the display of timings, your board's name should be shown at the top of the window, with three lines of information on the right below that.

Your mouse cursor should be an I-beam when it moves across the Timing Configurator window. With the I-beam in a timing box, left click and an up and down pointer indicator should be shown. Click on those to change the value in the box. You should also be able to directly enter a value by highlighting a value and then typing a value. You then click Apply at the bottom to change the values. Some values may not allow any input, but most should.

If you cannot edit the values in the boxes, do you have the Intel IME software installed? If you don't try installing it and try again.

Blaylock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaylock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 4:50am
Thanks for the reply Parsec.

I'm running Win7-64bit and the Configurator is ver 2.0.7. My Z97 OC Formula has Bios 1.80. 

My cursor is the I beam and I can pick into a field or highlight a field. I don't get the drop down pointer when I left click. I get the flashing | cursor. I'm not able to type, backspace, delete or otherwise edit the field, Nor do I have an apply button. 

I have the ME Driver installed and even went ahead and tried a repair while I was checking. It said the driver was successful installing. Still same result. 

I'm wondering if I need a different version. 

Blaylock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaylock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 6:45pm
bump.

Anyone have any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic