ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 Bios Options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johndms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 Bios Options
    Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:29am
I understand the AB350 Pro4 is on the lower budget side of the B350 series of ASRock boards and doesn't contain the features of the higher end ones, or the X370 counterparts. That said, there are certain overclocking options that aren't available in my board, such as the ability to adjust SOC Voltage manually for the additional help it'd provide when pushing the limits of ram overclocks, and Loadline Calibration capability, Switching Frequency, etc.

I don't know if it's possible to add such features to a bios with an update, nor do I expect LLC since I doubt the board was built to withstand that sort of feature. But what about changing the SOC voltage? This is a feature that Ryzen Master allows access to change. I've even monitored it changing the SOC Voltage in HWiNFO, but unfortunately, Ryzen Master's changes don't persist after a reboot. Nothing is changed in the bios.

I feel I was extremely lucky in my choice of ram. My 16GB (2x8) kit of G.Skill (F4-3000C15D-16GVKB - Single Rank Hynix M-Die) has proved to work very well with the AB350 Pro4, from bios 2.6 and after. I've recently begun overclocking it to 3200 and tightening the timings. Dram Voltage already at 1.4v. I'm just learning as I go, but I'd like to push it further, but I fear my lack of knowledge with ram sub-timings is preventing this. I also wonder if being able to manually change the SOC Voltage from 1.1 to 1.2 would give me a bit more help. Sadly, I can't do this without that option.

I'm not asking for help overclocking ram. I'm asking if it's possible for the option of manually adjusting SOC Voltage directly from the bios to be added in a future bios release? Is the board capable of supporting such an option?

Edited by johndms - 11 Oct 2017 at 7:32am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:39am
John, I don't know if the circuitry on this board can withstand exposing SoC Voltage adjustments to the masses of Users.

Your best choice to determining this is to contact ASRock Tech Support directly at:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

That is over and above us Mods knowledge.

hth

Edited by wardog - 11 Oct 2017 at 8:40am
Ivan_83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:57pm
IMHO ISL95712 in VRM does not have LLC.
See data sheets on ISL95712.
delukz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delukz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:25pm
FYI: The board automatically overvolts the SOC to 1.1 when you load up high clock speeds for memory.
johndms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johndms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:45am
Originally posted by delukz delukz wrote:

FYI: The board automatically overvolts the SOC to 1.1 when you load up high clock speeds for memory.
I'm aware of this. As I indicated, I'd like to have the option in the bios to increase it from 1.1 to 1.2. It'd be useful in pushing ram overclocks a bit further than usual.

UPDATE: I received a reply from ASRock regarding this feature request.
Unfortunately, due to the hardware power design some BIOS setting may no be available like main stream or high-end boards.
If those setting are not available, that indicates the board hardware design is not supported.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic