ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issue with Windows Installation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
K3LV1N_93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3LV1N_93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issue with Windows Installation
    Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 4:31am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by K3LV1N_93 K3LV1N_93 wrote:

Hi,  Great news that I have finally got success to install a fresh copy of Windows but the issue was with the igpu in the apu and i have replaced it with a new one and the drivers for it have installed without restarting the system and i will keep an eye with on temps Party

Thank you for your help

Thanks
Kelvin

I'm glad you have Windows 10 installed, but I don't understand exactly what happened. The iGPU in your APU processor was apparently bad, which was causing the restart of the Windows installation when the generic Windows video driver was being installed?

But otherwise the iGPU worked in the UEFI/BIOS, or with a Windows installation done on an Intel laptop. Confused  Still seems to be a mystery to me.

Im not sure what happened :S  but with the intel based windows running, the  generic windows video driver was installed on the IGPU R7 but soon as i try to install the AMD driver it just restarts and thank you for your help and efforts, im happy to get it sorted :D
Thanks
Kelvin
K.ELKS
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:41am
Originally posted by K3LV1N_93 K3LV1N_93 wrote:

Hi,  Great news that I have finally got success to install a fresh copy of Windows but the issue was with the igpu in the apu and i have replaced it with a new one and the drivers for it have installed without restarting the system and i will keep an eye with on temps Party

Thank you for your help

Thanks
Kelvin

I'm glad you have Windows 10 installed, but I don't understand exactly what happened. The iGPU in your APU processor was apparently bad, which was causing the restart of the Windows installation when the generic Windows video driver was being installed?

But otherwise the iGPU worked in the UEFI/BIOS, or with a Windows installation done on an Intel laptop. Confused  Still seems to be a mystery to me.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:58am
Originally posted by og_reborn og_reborn wrote:

Please forgive me if this is totally off base as I am a newbie but I also had problems installing windows from a USB key, and in a review for the motherboard on newegg of all places, someone had said to disable IOMMU in the BIOS before installing. I tried it and it worked. I was able to turn IOMMU back on afterwards no problem. Perhaps that is not relevant here but it would be easy to try?

The default (Auto) value of IOMMU is Disabled. That is shown in the manual of the AB350M Pro4, North Bridge Configuration screen.

It sounds like you had IOMMU enabled while you were attempting to install Windows, as you said you were able to enable it again after the installation.

K3LV1N_93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3LV1N_93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 4:30am
Ok John, Thank you Star

Thanks
Kelvin
K.ELKS
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:07am
K3LVIN_93, I would suggest at least 650 Watts if you can swing it.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
K3LV1N_93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3LV1N_93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

Thanks, parsec.  I have seen a number of things work that should not have.  Perhaps K3LV1N_93 should tell us what he is DLing from MS and we can check the hash codes.  Does the video card being used draw much power?  500 watts seems weak to me.  I just DLed the MB manual and see that the MB does not have a 4-pin CPU power connector - guess I should stop asking about it.  Will wait and see what transpires.  Enjoy, John.

Ok, i will upgrade the psu as soon as i can but will an 600w will work fine?
K.ELKS
K3LV1N_93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3LV1N_93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:37pm

Thank you for your help

Thanks
Kelvin
K.ELKS
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:17pm
og_reborn, you have told us nothing about your system.  Turning off IOMMU is to allow installing RS1 W10 on Threadripper which only supports RS2 and higher.  If you used the media creator from MS and got the latest W10, this is not your problem and turning off IOMMU should not help.  From Wikipedia (RS is Redstone).
Version Code name Marketing name Release date Support until[2] Latest build
Mainstream LTSC PC Mobile
1507 Threshold 1 N/A July 29, 2015 May 9, 2017 October 14, 2025 10240 N/A
1511 Threshold 2 November Update November 10, 2015 October 10, 2017 N/A 10586 10586
1607 Redstone 1 Anniversary Update August 2, 2016 March 2018 October 13, 2026 14393 14393
1703 Redstone 2 Creators Update April 5, 2017 September 2018 N/A 15063 15063
1709 Redstone 3 Fall Creators Update October 17, 2017 TBA TBA 16299 15254
1803 Redstone 4 TBA Early 2018 TBA TBA 17004 N/A
Legend:
Old version
Older version, still supported
Latest version
Latest preview version
If you continue to have problems, please open a new thread and include your system specifications in your signature as I have.  Thanks and enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by og_reborn og_reborn wrote:

Please forgive me if this is totally off base as I am a newbie but I also had problems installing windows from a USB key, and in a review for the motherboard on newegg of all places, someone had said to disable IOMMU in the BIOS before installing. I tried it and it worked. I was able to turn IOMMU back on afterwards no problem. Perhaps that is not relevant here but it would be easy to try?

if a problem isnt yet solved then any sensible suggestion IS ALWAYS welcomeSmile
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
og_reborn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote og_reborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic