ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issue with Windows Installation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:58am
Originally posted by og_reborn og_reborn wrote:

Please forgive me if this is totally off base as I am a newbie but I also had problems installing windows from a USB key, and in a review for the motherboard on newegg of all places, someone had said to disable IOMMU in the BIOS before installing. I tried it and it worked. I was able to turn IOMMU back on afterwards no problem. Perhaps that is not relevant here but it would be easy to try?

The default (Auto) value of IOMMU is Disabled. That is shown in the manual of the AB350M Pro4, North Bridge Configuration screen.

It sounds like you had IOMMU enabled while you were attempting to install Windows, as you said you were able to enable it again after the installation.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:41am
Originally posted by K3LV1N_93 K3LV1N_93 wrote:

Hi,  Great news that I have finally got success to install a fresh copy of Windows but the issue was with the igpu in the apu and i have replaced it with a new one and the drivers for it have installed without restarting the system and i will keep an eye with on temps Party

Thank you for your help

Thanks
Kelvin

I'm glad you have Windows 10 installed, but I don't understand exactly what happened. The iGPU in your APU processor was apparently bad, which was causing the restart of the Windows installation when the generic Windows video driver was being installed?

But otherwise the iGPU worked in the UEFI/BIOS, or with a Windows installation done on an Intel laptop. Confused  Still seems to be a mystery to me.
K3LV1N_93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3LV1N_93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 4:31am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by K3LV1N_93 K3LV1N_93 wrote:

Hi,  Great news that I have finally got success to install a fresh copy of Windows but the issue was with the igpu in the apu and i have replaced it with a new one and the drivers for it have installed without restarting the system and i will keep an eye with on temps Party

Thank you for your help

Thanks
Kelvin

I'm glad you have Windows 10 installed, but I don't understand exactly what happened. The iGPU in your APU processor was apparently bad, which was causing the restart of the Windows installation when the generic Windows video driver was being installed?

But otherwise the iGPU worked in the UEFI/BIOS, or with a Windows installation done on an Intel laptop. Confused  Still seems to be a mystery to me.

Im not sure what happened :S  but with the intel based windows running, the  generic windows video driver was installed on the IGPU R7 but soon as i try to install the AMD driver it just restarts and thank you for your help and efforts, im happy to get it sorted :D
Thanks
Kelvin
K.ELKS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic