ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issue with Windows Installation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3LV1N_93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issue with Windows Installation
    Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:44pm
Hi All, 
i am having issues installing Windows as it gets to expanding files then the system resets... I have Changed Hard drives, Change the dim slot of the ram and remove all but basic components and still no luck :(.

I have updated the bios to 3.10 and the only way to get windows onto the system is to install an Harddrive with windows already installed and it boots for a bit then after keeps wanting to load but it starts resetting again.

Im guessing it may be a bug with the bios as the settings are at default....I would like what you guys might think what it is LOL

System:
Asrock AB350M-PRO4
AMD A8-9600
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX  DDR4 4GB 2400mhz 
Western Digital Blue 1tb
EVGA GEFORCE 210 
4-IN-1 CARD READER
DVD-Rewriter

Thanks
Kelvin
K.ELKS
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:11pm
more info please

what version of windows ?
what installation method?

the recommended and in my view only way to install

is windows 10 64 bit
with a fresh version downloaded and created on a usb drive using windows media creation tool (google it)

if your using a dvd and an older version of windows 10 then this is most likely the issue

if your trying windows 7 then theres a whole heap of other issues
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by K3LV1N_93 K3LV1N_93 wrote:

Hi All, 
i am having issues installing Windows as it gets to expanding files then the system resets... I have Changed Hard drives, Change the dim slot of the ram and remove all but basic components and still no luck :(.

I have updated the bios to 3.10 and the only way to get windows onto the system is to install an Harddrive with windows already installed and it boots for a bit then after keeps wanting to load but it starts resetting again.

Im guessing it may be a bug with the bios as the settings are at default....I would like what you guys might think what it is LOL

System:
Asrock AB350M-PRO4
AMD A8-9600
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX  DDR4 4GB 2400mhz 
Western Digital Blue 1tb
EVGA GEFORCE 210 
4-IN-1 CARD READER
DVD-Rewriter

Thanks
Kelvin

This is the first issue I recall with anyone having a Windows installation problem like this with any AM4 board, so I doubt it's a bug in the UEFI/BIOS. Or a UEFI option causing a restart of the PC.

The real issue is the repeated reset/restart of the PC, regardless of what you are doing with it.

Your single DIMM of memory should be in the A2 slot.

What version of Windows are you trying to install?

If you go into the UEFI/BIOS, can you stay there indefinitely without a reset?

It sounds like the resets happen quickly regardless of installing Windows or trying to boot an existing Windows installation. Does the time it takes for the reset to happen seem consistent and quick?

In the UEFI/BIOS, in the HW Monitoring screen, what are you getting for a CPU temperature? If you're in the UEFI and stay on that screen, what is the CPU temperature?

Are you using the stock AMD CPU cooler, or something else?

You did not mention the PSU you are using, full model name please.

MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:19pm
K3LV1N_93, I agree with parsec and datonyb, you most likely have a HW problem.  We do need more information like Windows version.  I do not recommend bringing a disk with pre-installed W10.  This just exposes a new set of problems.  For test purposes, install one stick of memory in A1 and try installing W10 (created the way datonyb suggested).  If that fails, try A2, then B1 and then B2.  If they all fail, then try the other stick.  Please let us hear.  Thanks and enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
K3LV1N_93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3LV1N_93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:07am
I am installing fresh copy of Windows 10 64-bit  through USB which has been created through the windows 10 download  tool yesterday, thanks for replying Smile
K.ELKS
K3LV1N_93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3LV1N_93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:27am
parsec Sorry i have forgotten the PSU lol, its EVGA 500W White 
The dimm is currently inserted in A2 Slot.

The version of windows is Windows 10 64-bit that im trying to install through usb drive which has been created through the windows 10 download tool which has been made yesterday.

It is fine while sitting on UEFI/BIOS.

I am using the stock AMD CPU Cooler and the Temp of the APU/CPU is around 50 degrees or below 

It is still resetting on the installation.  

The system is now running fine if windows is already installed but i preferably to have a fresh install :L

Thanks
Kelvin

K.ELKS
K3LV1N_93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3LV1N_93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:41am
MisterJ/John The system is now running fine on the Pre-installed W10 -64bit after cloning it for the second time but it is doing the same thing on windows 10 installation even changing the dim slot 3-4 times did not do the trick.....  Cry

Thanks
Kelvin
K.ELKS
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:36am
Thanks, K3LVIN_93, I was hoping to point to a bad memory slot (I had two that required a MB RMA).  This may be pointing to something wrong with your fresh install W10.  Where did the clone come from?  Where did you DL the chip set drivers?  Use only the AMD site:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

I can only think to ask you to tell us as much as you can about the cloned W10 vs the fresh.  Thanks and enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
K3LV1N_93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3LV1N_93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:31am
The clone came  from my Laptop which is ASUS X553SA, Windows 10 64-bit UEFI Based,  the original plan was to use the clone to see if there is anything wrong with my hard drive/ other hardware etc. and also i have tired redoing the copy of win 10 but no luck, but until i find out the issue, i will wipe the cloned windows from its pre-installed drivers/software and its product key so i will install the drivers and product key for the am4 system for now.

John, Yes i have looked online and it seems to be a common problem on am4 builds, so you are not wrong but i wished this was the case. 

The first thing i did is that i flashed the motherboard from 2.50 to 3.10  up on the first boot through the UEFI/BIOS of course.

The Drivers i have download through the UEFI/BIOS aswell.

At first i couldn't get the windows Installation or the clone  to boot up (completely) at all without the system restarting. but i've cleared the cmos and removed the battery and that got me to the setup stage....
Cloning the windows for second time got the pre-installed to work and been running for few hours.....so atm i haven't got a clue apart from an issue with latest UEFI/BIOS Flash :S

Thanks

Kelvin

K.ELKS
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:00am
Thanks, K3V1N_93.  What do you mean by:
Quote The Drivers i have download through the UEFI/BIOS aswell.
  Is your laptop Intel based?  If so, I would expect this to be a serious problem.  Windows loads different versions of some files as a function of Intel/AMD.  Please post the make/model of your power supply.  If it is really only 500 watts, that may be a problem.  If you will place your system specifications in your signature, as I have, it will make it easier for us to use.  Do you have an 8-pin or 4+4-pin and a 4-pin power cable connected to your CPU?  Can you borrow a stouter PS - perhaps 650 Watts with both an 8-pin (or 4+4) and a 4-pin CPU connector?  Enjoy, John.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic