ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Taichi C0 Fault

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by oxijex oxijex wrote:

Ok so, for some reason... it started working...

I took the Cmos battery out... removed the cpu for the 10th time and replaced it... started it with only the ram and then i got GPU code.. so put GPU in and got BIOS... the m2 was a bit dicky but it worked in slot 3.... anyway... can't really say what it's issue was.. It's working now.. From such a really cool way to install a CPU it turned into a nightmare build :(

I'm glad its working for you now. But imagine our situation. All we have to go on is a few sentences of description, while you have the entire PC to work with. If we don't see an obvious fix in the description, what else can we do but ask more questions?

In your case, as we see sometimes, the PC starts working, and the reason is a mystery to the user that can actually try various things with it. What usually happens is one or more of the things done with the hardware, among several things done over time, was the fix. But since multiple things were changed or tried, the true fix gets lost in all the activity. What PC builder hasn't experienced this?

You may have an AX1200i, but does that automatically mean that both the four and eight pin CPU power cables were connected to the board? Do you know how many times we go through pages of posts in a thread, only to eventually learn the single 4/8 pin CPU power cable used with most systems was not connected? All too many.

In your case I forgot to add the usual, "... sorry to ask but do you have the CPU power cables connected?". As I said in my first post, the C0 POST code is a very early POST test failure, usually meaning a problem with the CPU. For an X399 system, that could easily be a missing second CPU power cable. In your situation, it might have been the mounting of the CPU, but since we cannot see or touch that PC, how can we know that?

Asking about other components in a build, if nothing else, keeps the conversation going. Most of the time in the responses we get additional or new information. That helps us help you.

X399 is a new platform that we don't have any experience with yet, so we don't know yet what all the unique issues it has that we can suggest checking into. We are starting to see issues caused by the unique CPU mounting system, and we now know to suggest remounting the CPU as a potential fix.
JUANNY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUANNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 1:39am
Also for future reference since the x399 theadripper is so new you might consider checking out the corsair tested for compatibilty memory modules if you decide to add more ram 
 http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170272 Im not sure if your ram is on that list
oxijex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxijex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 9:20am
Thanks Parsec,

Yeah i understand where your coming from. I guess i thought i had that question allready covered at the checked all connections part. I guess with no real rep on the forums i should have elaborated more on my OP but honestly all i wanted to do was go back and mess with it more. Literally i can only point it to something weird was happening between bios and the CPU like it was registering it wrong... as there is only one way a TR can be installed thanks to their flash mounting method with the torque driver. The suckiest part was my choice of TIM being Conductonaut meant being pretty cautious while removing and installing. It is also an extremely heavy CPU water block being full nickel... Although while all of these hassles were inplace it was not too bad... Just was not part of my plan for the morning.. Plan was to hook power up finish with peripherals and turn it on and install W10...

Anyway heres the finished build

@Juanny
Thanks for the input Juanny, It is actually the same ram just sold as a dual rather than a quad, I will probably get another two sticks in a month or so, So long as i get the same ram i have now it will be fine. The resellers that i access my parts with in Australia have no stock of the larger corsair memory kits or were not even listed on their sites at the time i ordered. So i went with that kit, which is a supported ram type. I do wonder how much gain in Encoding performance i would get from having Quad channel memory which would be my only reason to upgrade the ram. Currently while doing my Encoding i use 2Gb of ram max... 
CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W
CMK32GX4M4B3200C16 
ssateneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssateneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 4:28am
I wanted to post in here that C0 is not specific to Asrock X399 board. I have an MSI X399 board and I got C0 warm reboot no-post bug. I reseated the CPU once and it went away then a month later the issue came back. So I bought ASrock board instead to see if the issue went away but seems you guys have it too.

Their support sucks anyways. They strictly support stock speeds -only-. I brought up the TR suitcase review kits too that came with 3200MHz RAM and they said "well those are cherry picked, we cant help blah blah".

Hoping the support here is better. BTW, is there a beta BIOS section? Or are only release BIOS available (1.70?)
oxijex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxijex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 5:02am
This video has been the most helpfull information i have found in regards to seccondary blue screen issues i was experiencing in relation to memory faults...

https://youtu.be/vZgpHTaQ10k

Quite literally ASrock support suggested i do exactly what i told them i had done in my Support description... Tbh ASrock... never again..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic