ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Taichi C0 Fault

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxijex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X399 Taichi C0 Fault
    Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:59am
Heya!!

Just built a 1950X on a X399 Taichi

The Build went sweet with no real issues, ran my water loop for a good 18 hours with no leaks etc... I went to turn on the PC and i am getting a C0 fault.

I have re-seated the ram (which was already in perfectly)
I have taken the CPU cooler off and lifted the CPU up again and double checked the pins which were all fine...
I have an AX1200i and have checked connections which are all fully seated in their respected sockets

I am considering a bios flash using the BIOS Flashback option. I have downloaded the Instant Flash rom from the website and have been looking for a reference as to a file name. I'm probably going to go put it in now to see if it works. Does anyone else have any further suggestions from this point ?

Oxijex
oxijex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxijex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:22am
Ok so bios update did not do anything for my fault back at square one....
oxijex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxijex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:18am
Tried other DDR4 ram, still no joy...

I'm at a bit of a loss here, I'm kinda thinking its going to be an RMA job... but why do they have Fault Codes for motherboards that then they don't even list... First time buying an ASROCK and yeah not a good experience so far...
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:40am
Do you have both the four pin and eight pin ATX 12V CPU power connectors on the board connected to the PSU? Both of these connectors must have a cable from the PSU attached or the CPU will not start.

C0 is called by AMI a "OEM BDS initialization code", which means it is a very early failure in the POST process, which makes me think you don't have both of those power cables connected, but I may be wrong.

Besides the PSU and CPU, we have no idea what other components you are using.
oxijex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxijex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:47pm
Hi Parsec,

At that point in time all i had was the ram installed and the 1950X and the AX1200i connected. I didn't see the point in listing any further components due to already having had removed them to try and fault find :(

2 X 8GB CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W
RX560 saphire 45Watt edition
Avermedia Live Gamer HD2
M2 . Samsung EVO 850 250Gb
EK Full nickel Water Block
EK EX 360RAD
HSPC 280 RAD
EK Xres 140
oxijex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxijex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:17pm
Everything is/was connected.
oxijex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxijex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:18pm
Ok so, for some reason... it started working...

I took the Cmos battery out... removed the cpu for the 10th time and replaced it... started it with only the ram and then i got GPU code.. so put GPU in and got BIOS... the m2 was a bit dicky but it worked in slot 3.... anyway... can't really say what it's issue was.. It's working now.. From such a really cool way to install a CPU it turned into a nightmare build :(
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:42pm
what parsec was sort of asking
was for you to help us help you

specific to your issue was the question about your power supply

make and power and model

we had a chap the other day stuck with an x399 it turned out he had the wrong type of leads on his power supply and hadnt connected them correctly

hence why people here ask for details of your system so we can help you better

anyway i know it has started now but lets make sure this problem dosnt happen again

are you aware with the x399 you need a power supply with TWO eps/cpu leads as well as the normal 24 pin ?

if your dosnt or one is not connected this may be giving you these errors
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
oxijex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxijex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

what parsec was sort of asking 
was for you to help us help you

specific to your issue was the question about your power supply

make and power and model

we had a chap the other day stuck with an x399 it turned out he had the wrong type of leads on his power supply and hadnt connected them correctly 

hence why people here ask for details of your system so we can help you better

anyway i know it has started now but lets make sure this problem dosnt happen again

are you aware with the x399 you need a power supply with TWO eps/cpu leads as well as the normal 24 pin ?

if your dosnt or one is not connected this may be giving you these errors

Originally posted by oxijex oxijex wrote:

I have re-seated the ram (which was already in perfectly)
I have taken the CPU cooler off and lifted the CPU up again and double checked the pins which were all fine...
I have an AX1200i and have checked connections which are all fully seated in their respected sockets

Hi Datonyb

All i got from Parsec was that he didn't read my original post, I listed what i had done, while cryptic from my message you can gather that i am running a

X399 Taichi
1950X
AX1200i - Corsair AX1200I 1200W power supply

I do appreciate your feedback, but if you have people coming on here asking for assistance in building a PC then they shouldn't be building one. I am on here because i have fault codes for seemingly no reason. I would have rathered RMA the board but it seems after flashing the bios 7 times and reseating the cpu 6 times the thing decided to work.

When i made my post i was really looking for 

"A C0 Motherboard fault often relates to this" 

I have never had a build fail so much and to be honest being the man i am, i will blame ASROCK and AMD.... and i'm pretty dissapointed with the forums. I gave a decent slot of information from the start to then be provided with "Need more information about system" *No you don't i told you the simple components that i was using to still recieve the fault* "are you aware with the x399 you need a powersupply with TWO eps/cpu leads as well as the normal 24 pin ?" *Dude do you know what an AX1200i is ????*

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:04pm

wow anger management issues ..........................
im as aware what an ax1200i is as i am what a rude person is

parsec does this mod job for free, hes unpaid ,in his spare time
to help people

im quite sure with rude people like you
it is HE WHO IS PRETTY DISSAPOINTED WITH THE FORUMS !

as for myself i just spent (wasted) my personal time trying to make sure a total stranger has an easier life
and you want to slate and quote me ?

*dude get out more and learn some social skills*
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic