ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arock J3455-ITX Intel Graphics Driver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abraxas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arock J3455-ITX Intel Graphics Driver
    Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 4:32pm
Hi,

I have recently bought an Asrock J3455-ITX Motherboard and updated to the newest BIOS 1.4 and to the newest NUC firmware 1.66.  I am using Windows 10.

The issue is, that the only driver that I can use, is the old Intel driver form the Asrock Homepage. IF I try a new one from the Intel Homepage (e.g. 15.47) it does no more boot and I get the Windows recovery screen.  It drives me crazy.

This is the driver that I tried:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27199/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-47-?product=95594

Does any of you have also this problem. ... Or is there somebody for whom the new Intel drivers work?

Thank you in advance
zerkms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerkms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:40am
You totally are not alone.

I've just received the windows 10 fall creators update and that's where the problem started: on boot the graphics driver crashes, that also crashes logonui application, so you cannot login. It looks like a black screen with a mouse pointer. Sometimes it can recover.

I spent a day so far trying to find out what drivers would work. At the moment I have a machine that does not even boot - at the last stage the driver crashes so badly so that it is a BSOD, but since it's a graphics driver that crashed - I cannot even see the details.

:-(
bal0gtibi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bal0gtibi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 7:46pm
Hi Everyone,
I have the exact same problem after creators update with J3455-ITX. Display driver keeps crashing after almost every boot, a few times I got gray screen with a mouse cursor, and rarely it loads the desktop, but the screen flickers and contains glitches. Using the microsoft basic driver allows me to login and use the computer, but of course I cannot play a single video without stuttering with this driver so it is not really usable in long term.

Same issue with older drivers too, I have tried the very first one for HD500 too.

Any suggestions?

Edited by bal0gtibi - 10 Nov 2017 at 7:47pm
awizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 3:49pm
I had the same problem. I was able to get a working system just by updating to the 1.20H beta BIOS. http://asrock.com/mb/Intel/J3455-ITX/?cat=Beta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic