ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty P67 Pro + Win 10 = issues?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enforcer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty P67 Pro + Win 10 = issues?
    Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 7:48am
Hey guys...

I've been rocking Windows 10 for about 2 weeks now and getting a BSOD atleast once a day..

Usually they consist of a DPC Watchdog Violation error pointing to a driver issue, but I have also had some weird WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bsod's, which usually I would put down as a cpu voltage error, but this has only been happening to me since I did a clean install of Windows 10.

I have been checking my Motherboard drive page for updates (http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20P67%20Professional/) but I doubt there will be any updates since there wasn't for win8.1?

I am yet to update my BIOS firmware, mainly because the newest one is from 5/23/2012 and I wouldn't expect it to address any issues with Windows 10?

As a side note I have also been getting this error, which I believe to be related to the above http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/14568-cpu-100-task-manager-but-error.html (I am awtech, the OP in the thread)

It is worth noting that I am using a boost clock, but it does not seem to make a difference whether It is on default (no clock) or @ 4.8.

Any idea's? I don't really feel the need to upgrade my motherboard at this time, especially since this was a expensive board and the i7-2600k is a great cpu.

-Adam
i7-2600k @4.8
Fatal1ty P67 PRO
GTX 980ti
Windows 10
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 12:58pm
Do you have a Windows 10 driver installed for your GTX 980ti?

You can always try the Intel drivers and chipset (INF) installation programs provided for other, newer Intel chipset boards, like the 8 and 9 series (Z87, Z97, etc.)

If the installation program decides it is not compatible with your board's chipset, it will simply quit.

Intel has already determined whether or not their Win 10 drivers are compatible with their earlier chipsets or not, so if they don't install there is nothing a mother board manufacture can do about it.

This is the chipset software installation program for Win 10 from Intel directly. The Release Notes list your processor's generation as included by this program:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-

Otherwise if you check the Beta area of your board's download page, there are some Win 8 and 8.1 drivers, in particular the Intel IME software which may help with your BSOD problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic