ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Redlight on Bios A1 - Extreme4 Z370

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parlament Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redlight on Bios A1 - Extreme4 Z370
    Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 6:18am
Hello guys,

Could you please help me with issue solving.

I just bought new PC, and after i tryied to turn it on: red light near "Bios A1" start to shine.
Monitor didn't react on PC start. RGB lights on RAM is on. All fans are active.

PC build:
MB Extreme4 z370
Intel core i7 8700k
RAM: Team T-Force Night Hawk 3200 mhz - 2 boards.
SSD samsung evo 750

Allready tryied to switch RAM on other slots.

What could cause this problem?

Thank you in advance.
parlament View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parlament Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 6:24am
Also
Power supply: 1000W Chieftech APS-1000C
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by parlament parlament wrote:

Hello guys,

Could you please help me with issue solving.

I just bought new PC, and after i tryied to turn it on: red light near "Bios A1" start to shine.
Monitor didn't react on PC start. RGB lights on RAM is on. All fans are active.

PC build:
MB Extreme4 z370
Intel core i7 8700k
RAM: Team T-Force Night Hawk 3200 mhz - 2 boards.
SSD samsung evo 750

Allready tryied to switch RAM on other slots.

What could cause this problem?

Thank you in advance.

The red LED near BIOS chip A1 indicates the active UEFI/BIOS of your dual UEFI/BIOS board. You have a Main and Backup UEFI/BIOS chip. The LED indicates which one is in use, the main one currently. The LED does NOT indicate any kind of problem, it is normal for it to be on. You really should spend some time learning about the features of your board so simple things like this do not scare you.

Do you have both the 24 pin ATX and 4/8 pin CPU power cable from your power supply connected to the board? Both are required or the CPU will not operate.

Your memory should be in the A2 and B2 slots. Many people have trouble seating the DDR4 memory in the memory slots. Be very sure that the memory is completely and evenly seated in the slots. Did you try using one memory board at a time to test that both are working?

We have seen problems with the new RGB memory models. Does it have software control for the RGB LEDs? Or does it just light up with no control? The control software causes problems.

Is your monitor set to auto select the input being used? Did you set your monitor to the correct input you are using? I assume it is the Intel iGPU and not a video card, you did not say which one it is.

Did you ever use the Chieftech PSU before now, or is it new? Not a good quality PSU.

What are you using for a CPU cooler?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic