ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H81 PRO BTC 2.0 Windows 10 error 12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constantine73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H81 PRO BTC 2.0 Windows 10 error 12
    Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 6:05pm
Going forward, sorry for my rude english, also i was asking to technical support (they answer with template message).

I have:
7 Motherboards H81 pro btc 2.0 rev
7 CPU G1840
14 Power supply KCAS 800W
4gb RAM DDR3
ssd 60gb adata
A lot of 1x-16x risers ver .009 (6-pin)
GTX 1070 armor
Windows 10 x64 Pro

Every card connected by risers and powered by 6-pin->sata cable in next scheme:
3 card powered by one Power Supply(to 8-pin on VGA and 6-pin riser)
another 3 card have the same powering scheme, but with second power supply.
Mother board powered by one of two power supplies.

At bios ive disabled on-board audio, paralell ports, COM ports and etc.
Ive changed PCI generation from auto to Gen1 and Gen2.

Whatever it was, i have the same error 12 at Windows (not enough recources) on 2 of 6 VGA.
On z270 pro4 this problem was solved by switching 4g decoding in BIOS. That option is absent in BTC PRO 2.0

Please help me! Thanks.

MasterBPM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterBPM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 1:57am
Hi,

how much ram you have ? And to what amount you increased the virtual memory ?

I having trouble to understand you power connection. Could you please explain once again ?

So basically, 2 things i recommended to you.

1. Activate iGPU and Onboard Graphics as primary display adapter - and connect your monitor or whatever to the board not the cards. It slightly reduce load while mining and is better to investigate in errors.

2. So i realy guess, its up to the CPU Or RAM it doesn't have enough capacity. I have this board too in one of my Rigs with 2x 8GB RAM and i7-4770 cpu.

Also: I say, you should rethink your power. 220W is round about a system (please note that primary all connections to the MoBo needs to come from the 1. PSU). 75W per Riser (Sata is crap for it) and another 75W for the Cards. Use if possible 6 PIN directly from PSU to risers and also connect directly from you PSU to Card the 6+2. Please note that the connectors to the MoBo only has to come from 1 PSU never splitt it. An dont forget the molex on the Mainboard, thats extra power for the PCIe's

And by the way: The Board is made for Mining its supporting 6 GPUs from Stock, without 4G decoding and also no need to change the Generation of the ports leave it on auto.

Regards,

MasterBPM
7rank99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7rank99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 4:34am
I have the same issue with Asus GTX 1070 cards.  My setup very similar to Constantine73, however I only have one power supply.  I consistently get 2 or 3 cards that have the code 12 error and are thus unusable.  

The virtual memory I started with 16Gb, but now have it even higher.  I have monitor connected directly to mobo, instead of gpus.  

My GTX 1070's draw about 150 watts each, so I have risers and also utilize both Molex connectors on the mobo since I want to use more than 4 gpu's... as per the manual.  I'm only using one power supply, 1200Watt.

Many other sites have users complaining about same code 12 error.  Is this an issue with the mobo?  Will a BIOS update help?  The latest BIOS seems to be from 2014.  I'm regretting my purchase...

Edited by 7rank99 - 21 Nov 2017 at 4:40am
komil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 9:40am
Windows Update on Jan/3/2018[KB4056892] fixes this problem!
If you were using Windows 10 version 1709 also known as the Fall Creators Update. Also, older versions like 1703 don't have this bug.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic