ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel Z370 Windows7 drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intel Z370 Windows7 drivers
    Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:33am
Hi,

I just ordered an AsRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard because on the site was support for Win7 64bit and today when i searched for the dirvers it's not available anymore.  I have a friend who has the same motheroard and was lucky to install all the drivers for Win7 64bit last week (whithout VGA driver) and work flawlessly with his machine.
Wat's happened with Win7 drivers?
max2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 12:01am
No way i got my Mainboard Today ... If i am not geting Windows 7 drivers here i have to send it back and go with another Brand. No on who knows what he is doing wants to go to Windows 10 and why should i buy an 8th generation CPU if i lose all the gain to a bogus OS.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 3:42am
There is no brand that will provide windows 7 drivers for 200 or 300 series boards. This is down from on high (intel and Microsoft) not manufacturers. 

If it were not for the fact that linux still sucks for gaming I would ditch windows. 

This is a royal pain for those not wanting to upgrade their OS but sadly, there will be no legitimate windows 7 drivers.
Damian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 10:24pm
Until one week ago on the AsRock site i found the drivers for the Z370 chipset  for windows 7 and 8.1(all the drivers wich are avaible now for windows 10, apart the VGA one) and now is not anymore. This is strange since the drivers were created first and was availble for short period, but were removed, and this is bad.
The other manufacturers have the drivers at least for Lan and Audio.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 2:29am
LAN and Audio are third party and not restricted to 200 and 300 series boards so they will be available from their respective vendors.

Intel's LAN controllers are used on a wide variety of boards (even AMD boards) and many of these boards are supported by Windows 7 so they will continue to be supported. The same goes for the audio chips. The problem is chipset and display drivers as they are tied to the platform and not supported on anything pre Windows 10.

Again, this is not a manufacturer issue, it comes from Microsoft Intel (200 and 300 series) and AMD (AM4). I highly doubt display and chipset drivers were available on ASRock's product pages for windows 7. ASRock does not create the drivers, intel does and if intel never made it (or won't release it) then NO manufacturer can release it. 

I am sorry but that is just how it is, there is no legitimate way to get windows 7 drivers for 200 and 300 series chipsets. There may be workarounds available on the net but you will not find a "click and install" official download anywhere.

I managed to install windows 7 on my Z270 board using workarounds but it was tricky and time consuming. If there were drivers for Windows 7 on the product page then they were pulled down because they don't work. Intel's chipset drivers work for a range of products so the same driver package used to work across a broad spectrum of chipsets. It is only since the 200 series chipsets that compatibility was restricted (for windows 7). 

If something is pulled down from ASRock's driver pages it is always for one of 2 reasons:

1. The driver was buggy or harmful
2. ASRock was asked to take it down by it's developer (intel, AMD, Realtek etc)

These actions are never taken to spite users.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 2:33am
For what it is worth, I had to track down intel BETA drivers for my Z270 chipset and 7600K iGPU display drivers. They were no longer available on intel's website and had to be tracked down on 3rd party driver sites. These beta drivers were made before the decision was made not to support older windows operating systems.

I don't think the same workaround will work for 300 series boards sadly, the decision not to support older windows versions had already been established so no Windows 7 beta drivers would have been released.
heptaplus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heptaplus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 8:52pm
Did anyone happened to download the ASRock Windows 7 drivers that can put them in a mega upload?
I reeeeeaaaaally don't want to use Win 10.
mutissj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutissj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:55pm
huahusahusahusha full working 100% stability Windows 7 on motherboard ASRock Z370 Taichi

all drivers Z370 can be found on the website http://www.station-drivers.com
mephistFlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mephistFlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:33am
Unfortunately the Asmedia ASM-3142 USB 3.1 Controller driver isn't available to download there. I just get an error message every time.  
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:49am
<cough>StationDrivers.com<cough>

Sure. If you don't mind dl'ing whatever someone, any one, upped.

meph, what board, and what driver you needing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic