ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z77 Professional - Win10 compatible?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Elixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 12:06pm
Sorry, Asrock dont really care about this. People been posting since win10 hit. Buy another brand imo.
DevillEars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DevillEars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 4:03am
Has no-one here got any feedback on this question?

I was forced into migrating off Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and the offer from Microsoft for what is, in effect, a 12-month free trial seemed an attractive proposition, so I decided to take them up on their offer yesterday. The end-result is I now sit with a "dead" system that won't boot and just hangs in POST with a blank screen. I have now licensed a copy of Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit and will be doing a clean install tomorrow to be able to get this system up and running again.

This is not ideal as my other two systems are now on Windows 10 and I'd like to have a consistent OS environment, but will now have to stick on Windows 8.1 for this Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional board until someone from Asrock is able to answer the question posed.

Confused
If music be the love of food, eat on
DevillEars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DevillEars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 6:19pm
Hi,

I've visited the Asrock Windows10 microsite to check if this board is listed, but - unfortunately - it is not on the list which does not go back further than Z87 chipset-based boards.

The fallback provided for boards not appearing on the list is not clear as where one should go or what one should do.

So, two questions:

1) Is the Fatal1ty Z77 Professional compatible with Windows10?
2) If, no answer available on this thread, please provide clarification on fallback

NB: I've updated the BIOS to P1.70 (latest available version)

The reason for asking is that, after "reserving" copies of Windows 10 for all three systems (2 running Windows 8.1 and 1 running Windows 7 Pro-64 - the one with the Fatal1ty Z77 Pro board) and - Murphy being alive and well and living in Redmond - the first system for which Microsoft have provided a Windows 10 download had to be the one with a question mark against its Windows 10 compatibility... :(

So, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Dave
If music be the love of food, eat on
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic