ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 with Ryzen 5 1600 not posting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 with Ryzen 5 1600 not posting
    Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 3:15am
Hey all, I recently just bought the parts for my first pc and assembled it all. When I go to turn it on, the case fans, cpu fan, gpu fan and LEDs all turn on but nothing shows up on monitor.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6gb
RAM: Crucial 8GB kit (4gbx2) CT2K4G4DFS8213
PSU: Be Quiet 500W BN241

If you need any others let me know.

Few things I've tried:
-Sent back the motherboard and got it replaced
-Sent back the graphics card and got it replaced
-Sent back the RAM and got it replaced
-Tried breadboarding

Notes: 
-Yes I have the 8 pin CPU power connector plugged in.
-Yes the HDMI cable is plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard
-Yes the monitor works (tested it with a laptop)
-Yes I have the RAM sticks in A2 and B2
-Yes I have the 6 pin power connector plugged into the GPU

One thing I've noticed is that every 30 seconds or so all the fans turn off and on again and there is a small buzzing noise. Not sure what that is.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1d10t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1d10t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Ramy Ramy wrote:

Hey all, I recently just bought the parts for my first pc and assembled it all. When I go to turn it on, the case fans, cpu fan, gpu fan and LEDs all turn on but nothing shows up on monitor.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6gb
RAM: Crucial 8GB kit (4gbx2) CT2K4G4DFS8213
PSU: Be Quiet 500W BN241

If you need any others let me know.

Few things I've tried:
-Tried breadboarding

Notes:?
-Yes I have the 8 pin CPU power connector plugged in.
-Yes the HDMI cable is plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard
-Yes the monitor works (tested it with a laptop)
-Yes I have the RAM sticks in A2 and B2
-Yes I have the 6 pin power connector plugged into the GPU

One thing I've noticed is that every 30 seconds or so all the fans turn off and on again and there is a small buzzing noise. Not sure what that is.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you tried bread-boarding and already replaced all items,that leave CPU and RAM compatibility.Tried swapping with another CPU,and place single stick RAM on each DIMM to see which slot kicks in.
Oh and be Quite is multi rails PSU,if you can find another single rails PSU such as Seasonic,Super Flower or Corsair you might give it a shot.
Ramy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:27am
Thanks for the help, will try these things out. Surely it doesn't matter if the PSU is multi rail or single rail though?
delukz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delukz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:17am
Quote Few things I've tried:
-Tried breadboarding
Please stop wasting the store's time and money because you have no clue what you are doing!
Just sending back random parts is not proper troubleshooting.

1d10t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1d10t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Ramy Ramy wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Thanks for the help, will try these things out. Surely it doesn't matter if the PSU is multi rail or single rail though?

In my case here here,when I switch HX750 from default multiple rail to single rail,my system are able to boot the GPU.Well it might not specific to yours because i had a power hungry GPU,but you did everything except PSU,right?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:13pm
Single Rail = One high AMP 12 volt power circuit, this one rail accounts for most of the PSU's Watt rating

Multi Rail = 2 or more lower AMP 12 volt power circuits, if only one rail is attached to the GPU it is often not enough. The cumulative power output of these rails accounts for the PSU's watt rating

So what this means is a 600w dual 12v rail PSU is in fact only as powerful (on a single rail) as a 300w PSU. In this instance even a 400w single 12v rail PSU would be better for your system. 

If a GPU has 2 power connectors then you can somewhat compensate by powering each with a separate rail (load balancing). In a situation where there is only one power connector on the GPU, you are out of luck. Multi rail PSUs are typically not ideal for gaming/GPU centric systems, they are most useful in servers, small silent systems (multiple rails make for a cooler PSU) and office PCs. 

This is a non issue with high output PSUs (+1000w) but anything sub 700w can be problematic, more so the lower you go. 

Now I am not saying the PSU is the problem, just explaining why it is important to use a single rail PSU in most gaming/GPU intensive systems. That said, the PSU could certainly cause post problems.

Edited by Xaltar - 15 Nov 2017 at 2:15pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 2:19pm
As for your problem, check the following:

1. Check the CPU and socket, make sure there are no bent/missing pins and no conductive material fouling the pins.
2. Check the underside of the board for conductive material (some thermal paste is conductive) or gouges, anything that looks out of place that could be causing a short.
3. Try another cheap stick of RAM, one from the board's QVL, if your RAM is incompatible with the system it causes the exact symptoms you are experiencing.

If the cheap RAM works then you can update your BIOS (please use instant flash only, it is safer) and try the original RAM again.

If all the above does not help, try another (single rail) PSU. 
Ramy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 4:01am
Thanks for the answers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic