ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error to update BIOS Taichi x399

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulcilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error to update BIOS Taichi x399
    Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 7:37pm
Good Morning Everyone.
This summer (thanks to australian web site TweakTown) I won an upgrade kit to Threadripper.
The upgrade kit consists of
-AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950 x
-ASRock X399 Taichi motherboard
-MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB
-Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (8x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C14 Memory Kit
So, for lack of moneyCry  I was able to buy the remaining pieces only last week and I decided to took the pieces on a store to make assemblage of the entire PC I did not want to risk. LOL
The guys of the store told me that they cannot update the bios, they could update it only if there was a single ram Angry (now I have the 1.30) also they told to me that my psu ( Corsair rm750i)y had no auxiliary cable 12 pin  in addition to the classic 24 pin.

So what do you think is the problem? Can be the psu?
thanks everyone

P.S Sorry for my poor english Dead
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 9:27pm
well congrats on winning a nice system

firstly the rm750i does indeed come with an extra cpu/eps cable-output as detailed here
http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/rmi-series-rm750i-750-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-psu

as for bios update it is done in the bios setup page and should be on version 1,8 now

please expand on exactly what the problem is

e.g. is the pc running ?
does it run normally in windows?
has it got all the ram sticks in it ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Fulcilives View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulcilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 11:12pm
really? so I don't understand why the guy tell to me that the cable is not included
anyway, yes the pc is running normally on windows but only with the 1.30 version of the bios, with other versions  it run only with a single ram stick. 
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 12:09am
Fulcilives, I do not know where the single RAM stick story is coming from, but it is not true!  The 12 pin CPU power cable is really an 8-pin+4-pin connector.  Sometime the 8-pin is a 4+4 pin.  Please DL a copy of the Manual for your board and look at the picture on page 7, at the top.  You will see a 4-pin on the left and a 8-pin on the right.  Make sure they are both plugged with a power connector marked CPU (NOT PCIe).  Leave all your memory plugged, DL the latest BIOS for your board, boot into the BIOS (tap F2 while booting).  First hit F9 (Load UEFI Defaults), F10 (Save and Exit).  Extract the DLed boot file (X399TC1.80) and copy it to a FAT formatted USB stick.  Boot into BIOS and use the Instant Flash function to update the BIOS.  After completion, the system will reboot.  Open the BIOS, hit F9 and F10.  This time boot into W10 and enjoy.  Please let us know how it goes.  Also please post your specifications in your signature as I have.  Enjoy, John.

Some links:
Manual: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X399%20Taichi/index.asp#Manual
BIOS:    http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X399%20Taichi/index.asp#BIOS         Use Instant Flash!

Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic