ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bug - AB350 Pro4 F11 boot menu corrupt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote G-Force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bug - AB350 Pro4 F11 boot menu corrupt
    Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 12:10am
The AB350 Pro4 has a really annoying F11 boot menu bug. I use my PC with both Windows and Linux, and I dual boot via the F11 menu so I don't have to deal with bootloaders failing after each Windows 10 update.

Anyway, the F11 boot menu visually corrupts itself and does not allow me to select an option when there are too many entries in the boot menu. I don't know how much entries, but I do know that when the CSM is enabled the menu just can't be used.

Workaround for now is to disable the CSM so there are only UEFI options showing. But in a case where I need legacy BIOS support this would not be an option.

Can ASRock please take a look at this and try to fix it? I think it has been a bug in more of your motherboards with the UEFI BIOS so I think it's time to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Found an image online of the exact same issue, with a different board. For the AB350 Pro4, it's exactly this...

MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 12:32am
G-Force, this is a user forum and you are hard pressed to see an ASRock employee here.  I suggest this is a problem with your MB and recommend you open a support ticket and see if an RMA is appropriate.  I guess it is possible that another user would have your problem.  Here is something similar: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6609&KW=korean&PID=39354&title=x399-fatal1ty-temperature-sensors-wrong-stays-on#39354
Maybe some of the same characters.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
ScomComputers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScomComputers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 6:12pm
This is what I have, but only since the new bios!
***x370 Gaming X***Bios 3.40***

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 7:05pm

on the taichi forum at overclockers a guy called chew (works alongside amd and is a tester for some asrock bios )

mentioned sometimes the bios updates are leaving traces of last bios inbedded
he has started using the dos flash method instead of internet/usb flash

but i think (cant recall 100%) he said its only when he was flashing 'back' to earlier bios

maybe this is a sympton of such traces from last bios ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScomComputers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 12:36am
I reflash the old(3.20) bios,and not fixed this problem...please help me how to fix it?
I now use the boot override in the bios.
:)
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 12:59am
ScomComputers and G-Force, both of you need to open a ticket with ASRock Tech Support - ASAP!  Something is very bad wrong when the BIOS is getting corrupted when updated!  Immediate action is required!  Remember, this is a user forum and almost no one represents ASRock - I surely do NOT!  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 8:05pm
I also have this on my x370 k4 since 3.20 bios update (2 month ago - didn`t thought that this is important). Should I try to update on newer bios and if it is still her I need to RMA board in my local store?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScomComputers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 9:36pm
Asingo opens you a ticket with ASRock Tech Support - ASAP, I've already done it!
Wink
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 10:15pm
Is it really necessary to do this ASAP and directly in Asrock? Since X370 K4 is EOL what board would they give me? X370 Gaming X which is worse that x370 K4? I was thinking that I RMA in my local store so that I can refund money or choose something other like x370 Taichi....

I have his problem around 1-2 month, what problem can can it cause? First I asked here about this long time ago but I did get no right answer how to solve it.

Edited by Asingo - 20 Nov 2017 at 10:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScomComputers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 8:37pm
I'll send it back to the store and get the money back, that's it!
Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic