ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asrock Ab350 Fatal1ty K4 cpu temp and fan speeds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Ab350 Fatal1ty K4 cpu temp and fan speeds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mytre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Ab350 Fatal1ty K4 cpu temp and fan speeds
    Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 12:48pm
I have been having this weird issue with Ryzen. First my temps with hwinfo and speedfan and f tuning are normally 35 idle but have sudden jumps to 45 even 48 and then down. with the highest temp at 55C under load. 

My current setup is 5 case fans , and an hyper 212 evo with its stock fans. I used to be able to shut down all my fans which were 5 3 pin fans but were too noisy with the speed I wanted to set to avoid going above 55 C, So I got my self some pwm fans. however now those pwm fans wont turn off ever and if I set up something at 0% they will go at 100% like crazy.

However my main concern is that on Bios the motherboard reports about 50 to 55C on the cpu, and when setting custom curves on the bios to have the fans under 30% while below 50C and above 80% when above  50C. Fans will be always at 100% even when windows has already boot on(  to test this settings I uninstaleld speed fan and disabled f tuning from turning on .

Should I stop trusting hwinfo ,speed fan or f tuning from reading the correct temperatures and maybe my temps are higher than they should? I have a ryzen 1600x and im running it with mx silver thermal paste with a hyper 212 Evo. And it seems weird that any setting I use for the motherboard with fan curves under 60C  it kicks the fans at 100% like it was reaching max temps according to the motherboard.

I have the most up to date BIOS from asrock as well.

And if anyone can tell me why my pwm fans wont turn off when at low temps (under 40C) it would be nice, I like my pc to be dead quiet when doing nothing at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic