ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel Management Engine vulnerability SA-00086

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 4:49am
I updated my Z270M Pro4 with the MEI firmware.  After updating, the Intel vulnerability check tool says the board is no longer vulnerable, but also reports that the some sort of licensing services needs to be updated too.  I don't use the board's HDMI output, but that is probably why HDCP isn't working after the MEI update.  Some licensing firmware is now broken.

Edited by dlee - 22 Dec 2017 at 4:50am
arturk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 7:15am
I received confirmation from support that HDCP should work after IME patch. This convinced me that propably there is something wrong with my setup. I decided to clear CMOS data and after that everything started to work... partially :-)

Why partially? Well I discovered that when I have 1080ti plugged into slot and integrated graphic card is active (set as primary device) HDCP feature with Intel is not working anymore. I'm 100% sure that before applying IME patch HDCP was working OK, no matter which card I was using. Notice that only Intel's intergrated graphic card can provide required PAVP for playing BR UHD movies. Do the math and guess why I'm missing it :-)

PS.
Asrock EU support - thanks for help!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic